ADVERTISEMENT

Madison County Head Coach position...

MCAthletics

VaPreps Rookie
Dec 3, 2019
Blue Ridge Mountains
It appears that Madison County is in need of a head coach! Jon Rasnick lasted one season. Nothing against him but this was a bad hire. The guy taught in a different school and brought coaches from that school with him. Destined to fail from the start.

Eddie Dean spent 33 years at Madison, amassing 300+ wins, 9 trips to the state finals, and 3 titles.

Madison has fallen on hard times since.

Very curious to see the direction they will go. Truly sad such a legendary program fall so far.

The new principal is a real go getter. She will not settle for mediocrity!
I’m optimistic with her at the helm!!

The AD position is also posted. The current AD is retiring at the end of this school year.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarkeFan83
I’ve heard that the new coach has been selected but can’t be announced until after the next school board meeting.

From what I’m hearing, Madison FINALLY made a selection that makes sense! Madison roots with EV system experience!

Now if only old ‘Rona Virus would go away!

Last edited:
It is official now, former Madison player and Eastern View assistant coach, Larry Helmick named new coach at Madison County. He should have gotten it last year but that is another story...

Coach Helmick brings a lot to the table. He grew up in Madison and understands the community, the school and the tradition. He learned a great deal under Coach Hatfield at EV. He appreciates the weight room. And he will be working at MCHS! That last comment should not have to be made but...anyway.

Coach Helmick a little time to fix the mess left him and the setbacks from CV-19 and I think the ship will be righted!

Good luck Coach H! Better late than never!

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT