Magna Vista at Jefferson Forest

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
Jefferson Forest
Last year 12-1 lost to Liberty Bealton in 4 a playoffs 35 to 28
Beat William Fleming 64 to 14
Beat Patrick Henry 40 to 35
Also Scrimmaged Gainesville Ga I think lost a close game .
Scrimmage Salem won 35 to 34

Magna Vista
Last years 3a champ who beat Lafayette
Beat Dan River 47 to 28

Both teams feature high powered offenses
Jefferson Forest is a running team who will pass occasionally very effectively . Magna Vista will pass or run . Both teams are very experienced but JF has looked better early . Another JF shootout !

JF has no defense. Magna Vista can roll. It depends on who can come up with the big stop or gets a turnover in the end. I see shoot out also. Should be a great game to see. Definitely GOW stuff.

Jefferson Forest is a lot like Ga Tech with same type of offense . They can score quickly by the run or surprise you with a big play pass once in a while or they can kill clock. The opposing team, if a good offense , usually scores too. Quishon Calfee, third year starting QB for PH last week, reminds me a lot of Shiheem for Lake Taylor last year. 6 foot 4 200 pounds with good arm and good feet shredded JF and brought PH back to lead in fourth quarter. He ran for about 200 and passed for about 200 against JF . That being said JF is loaded with seniors and will make some noise in the playoffs as that system is hard to stop.

If PH had a D or anyone other than Calfee on O they would have won that game. JF will put up points but it's not unstoppable and as Liberty demonstrated last year you've just got to stop them a couple of times to make the difference. Having an O that scores "too much" is never really a problem but JF's D is on the field often because of the quick strike capability of that O and I think they tire more quickly and good teams will eventually just grind on them. That said, JF is going to play 13-15 games this year because they are quite good.

Speaking of quick strike, between an injury and like 4 TDs scored between JF and PH rapid-fire it took somewhere around 20-25 minutes to go from 12 minutes in the 2nd Q to 9 minutes. First half took like 90 minutes, never seen anything like it at that level.

JF is a non conventional two dimensional team. EXPLOSIVE offense that is second to none in terms of effort and execution. HORRIFIC defense! No debating this. EXCEPTIONAL special teams. If you kick it to Navy Jones you should be fired. Jones cannot be stopped on offense but you can limit his impact in the return game so word to the wise....DO THAT! I do hope to see Navy Jones at a service academy next year. What a tremendous player and props to JF for getting those kids to play so hard.

Reactions: close2salem
hey Wikki, why is Shauntclair always tryin to be sweet on you? Lol you know he is single now? Hmmm...... Wikki are you attached? Hahaha

Happily married. He just gives credit to someone that is sometimes attacked on here because and I a woman and who has a strong opinion and knows what I am talking about. He is not the only one that defends me on here.

:) What ever happened to all the Amherst faithful on here? I will give you credit Wikki, you stand by your team . And Yes you have football credentials. Will this be the year the Lancers rise up?

:) What ever happened to all the Amherst faithful on here? I will give you credit Wikki, you stand by your team . And Yes you have football credentials. Will this be the year the Lancers rise up?

Not sure what happened to some of them. One of them, his kid is no longer on team. Some of them you probably do not want on here because they are not happy with the program. I will always be on here because I enjoy it and I am passionate about the Lancers. I still have hope for this Lancer team. Early yet in the season. If they lose to Rockbridge then that will be not good. This has got to be the year to turn this program around. I like this team and believe in them

Reactions: hamspear
I will be attending this game, Amherst has a bye
I was impressed with JF in the Benefit Game with Salem. I knew Navy Jones was the man, but Cam Miller RB, and the QB Cole Scott can run too. Jones had over 300 all purpose yds and 4 TD against PH. If they could play defense they could challenge the East representative in the title game, but I'm not sure anybody in the West has anything for the top teams in the East this year. It may be that way for a few more years.

With only 12 teams making the West playoffs it will make it nearly impossible for a team with a losing record to make the playoffs this year. I like narrowing the field up and giving byes to the top 4 teams.

Let me know what you think of both teams, really impressed with JF, MV not so much early anyway. I expect MV to be a contender for 3a again this year with everything they bring back. They have a lot of good players just need to get on the same page. I feel like Northside will have something to say about who makes it through in the West. I'll know more after the Salem game. Brookville was really impressive in the early scrimmage and I think they will be improved from last year.

If you ever want to communicate off the board just message me on Facebook or email me at mike24885@comcast.net. I lost your email somehow so just passing mine along if you need it.

Last edited:
hey Wikki, why is Shauntclair always tryin to be sweet on you? Lol you know he is single now? Hmmm...... Wikki are you attached? Hahaha
That is funny. But this woman knows how to evaluate a team and a game. She has perspective and my respect. Plus, though I have not had the privilege, the girl knows how to cook. Being a major foodie myself, this makes me salivate. If I ever do meet her, talking football, food and kids would probably make us bff's. But I was married for 30 years and would never play in another man's sandbox.

Additionally, I have no intention of dealing with relationships again. Frankly, I've found high priced hourly rentals to be incredibly fun and quite fulfilling of any physical urges I require. beautiful 20 year old tight bodies can sure make you feel young, is a very rewarding hobby and keeps the pipes clean.

Reactions: Keith_Stone33
Omg Shaunty , I definitely have to try some of Wikki's food in the future! But if you are trying to say you are out there pulling gals in there 20's lmao that's hilarious ! Come on man! You are so freaking funny! Haha

Omg Shaunty , I definitely have to try some of Wikki's food in the future! But if you are trying to say you are out there pulling gals in there 20's lmao that's hilarious ! Come on man! You are so freaking funny! Haha
That was funny. I do enjoy cooking. My husband told me that I could have a catering business, but I would not want to do that. I have cooked for groups before and I always get good comments. We are hosting the states again this year, so I guess I will be cooking again

What part of pay by the hour don't you understand? $400 - $500 gets some high quality, enthusiastic time. And there are occasional specials. Far more costly, but worth every dime. Look up Ivy Madison and try not to drool.

Last edited:
I got that part , just couldn't believe even after paying, it was still happening ! Haha just kidding , money is green everywhere.

I got that part , just couldn't believe even after paying, it was still happening ! Haha just kidding , money is green everywhere.
Yup, money talks but as they say at my favorite service, Après-Vous, cash screams. A new one almost every month. Just living the dream. What would you be doing if your wife ran off with the neighbor, you were retired and had the money? I started by living under a rock. Now I live.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT