ADVERTISEMENT

Manchester at Monacan

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Looks to be the 4a Game of the Week. Monacan will get a crack at a top 4 6a team in the state in Manchester. Who y'all got? I'm interested in seeing the QB battle. One of the best dual threat QBs in the state of Virginia, Syour Fludd vs the best pro style in Virginia and Wake Forest bound, junior Brendon Clark. It's gonna be a good one. I think Mbonape's boys finally plays all 4 quarters and "upsets" the Manchester Lancers.
35-28 Monacan

I certainly will be pulling for Monacan, but because of the way the Chiefs have played this season, I'm going with Manchester for the win.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
A dissopointing start to the season would be an understatement. With an older more expierenced roster this year there is no excuse. This team has lost its identity and needs to find it fast. Time to be who we say we are and act like we are a major factor in 4a. All the evidence would tell me they will clobber us based on what has transpired thus far but sometimes in life you just have to have blind faith. 31-28 Monacan.

Maybe we can bring you a little of the Dinwiddie magic Friday, mbonape1!

We need it right about now! Time to wake up, take care of the ball and play penalty free. Moses did part the red sea right?

First let me state that Monacan is a very good team. I know its tough for you bmonape1, but try not to over analyze things. Your boys are 3-0 after all and have a ton of weapons. From a statistical point of view it does look like the offense is struggling averaging 26 points a game; however, the defense has been lights out and has only given 20 points (6.7 points per game) and has one shutout.

My main concern is Fludd's confidence. I have seen highlights from television and hudl and he just does not look comfortable. The coaching staff needs to look at game films from Fludd's freshman and sophomore years to see what made this kid special. I say turn him loose and let him freelance. He spends too much time in the pocket which makes him way too predictable. The weapons surrounding him may be different, but that athleticism is the key to Monacans success. They are throwing the ball deep way too much and every opponent knows it.

Keep it simple. Pound the running back, utilize designed running plays for Fludd, throw quick hitters and let the defense do their jobs.

Beating Manchester will be no easy task given the current state of the offense (Monacans). The one good thing going for Monacan is Manchester is not playing great football either. If the Chiefs can keep the score down, run the ball with authority and make a few special plays they can win this game. Time to let the tiger (Fludd) out of his cage. Good luck to Monacan. 21-14 Manchester.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT