ADVERTISEMENT

Martinburg at Salem the story

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
Martinsburg had the better team.
I thought both teams shot themselves in the foot a few times.
Our defense was dominated. Our offense did a decent job against a team that was great on both sides of ball and has three times as many seniors. I thought maybe Salem might mix it up a little with a quick short passing game. I had seen Martinsburg on tape and what really struck me was the quickness coupled with the size and also, many seniors. I believe Salem has only 9 seniors, the least amount I have ever seen with Salem.
Great job and good luck to Martinsburg. Maybe they will lose one day but even with a handful of Salem players out we could not have beaten that team. It is what it is. Proud of the effort by the Spartans. Please think about what we say on social media and I am including myself as younger people learn from us.

Again, great job Martinsburg and good luck. Your team reminds me of some killer teams in the past that I have witnessed. I also want to thank people on here like Mbonape, Dinwiddie Proud, Bleeding Navy, and Mike Stevens and a few others as they have taught me to make a more measured observation, and also my wife.

Last edited:
Not to take anything away from this game but the score was 16-0 at half time when Martinsburg played Sherando. Not saying this means anything but Sherando was without many of their starters to include their senior qb. If they can get healthy they might be worth a second look come playoff time.
I don't see them beating Broad Run or Tuskarora. Right now I have Glass going to Broad Run in semifinals

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT