ADVERTISEMENT

Martinsville @ G.W. livestream (CVip Media)

Chuck Vipperman (GW)

VaPreps Rookie
Sep 16, 2001

This game will be as bad as the Eagles want it to be. The Dogs are a year or two away from being pretty good again. The whole starting backfield are freshman or sophs. and alot of the line the same. They have improved but it is all relative to who they have played. With GW, MV, Bassett and Halifax to end the season, I just hope we have enough healthy kids left to play bball.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
This game will be as bad as the Eagles want it to be. The Dogs are a year or two away from being pretty good again. The whole starting backfield are freshman or sophs. and alot of the line the same. They have improved but it is all relative to who they have played. With GW, MV, Bassett and Halifax to end the season, I just hope we have enough healthy kids left to play bball.
Can we borrow #18 for the next three years? :)

There is a LOT of young talent for the Bulldogs! I think you're headed the right way.

This is not your typical G.W. team. There are only a couple of playmakers on offense, but the line play on both sides has been solid, and we've kept turnovers to a minimum.
When you can keep turnovers to a minimum that pays dividends. Games seem to always be won in the trenches and when you have good line play it allows the offense to have success. Best of luck to you all the rest of the way!

The 4D playoffs this year just may be the most intriguing it’s been in a while. So many teams in 4D that could make a deep run
Is that the nice way of saying it may not be the annual Salem Invitational like normal and the region winner's deep run could end before the state finals?

Reactions: SFUWO
Is that the nice way of saying it may not be the annual Salem Invitational like normal and the region winner's deep run could end before the state finals?
I’m not sure about 4C. I know Tusky is strong this year and Champe is undefeated. However, I haven’t seen Tusky or Champe play this year. I saw Champe play once last year and Tusky twice. Champe is a good team. I hear they run no huddle the whole game

It seems like the teams up in the NOVA sector specially Loudoun County like to run more of the west coast style of play and like to run out of the pistol. They seem to like to spread defenses out more and isolate their speed.

I used to live near Loudoun County and from going to see the teams play up there last season I kinda got the vibe that they like to run different offenses then we see down in southwest va

I've heard that his dad is a GW graduate. Maybe you can get him in the transfer portal. He's going to be a good one. Hopefully the move to the Three Rivers district next year will level the playing field for the Dogs. Hopefully #18 will stay with us but couldn't blame him if he did make a move, he's got alot of talent.

Last edited:
I was set back by the Martinsville/Patrick County score but Martinsville has a good C2 team and I think they could give Gretna or Glenvar a good game come region time.

This isn’t your typical GW team. People will make light of the Dinwiddie score but GW showed me a lot that night and that carried over to the Glass, Amherst, SR, and Magna Vista games. This is one of the best GW teams we’ve had since 07. We are well coached and the kids just play and hold each other accountable.

I was set back by the Martinsville/Patrick County score but Martinsville has a good C2 team and I think they could give Gretna or Glenvar a good game come region time.

This isn’t your typical GW team. People will make light of the Dinwiddie score but GW showed me a lot that night and that carried over to the Glass, Amherst, SR, and Magna Vista games. This is one of the best GW teams we’ve had since 07. We are well coached and the kids just play and hold each other accountable.
The senior leaders on this year's team are super kids. Never too high...never too low.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT