ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland Bishop McNamara 35 LCA 0

Wow! I was wondering how that game had turned out. Some surprising scores this week. Staunton River 69-26 over Liberty, JF 53-20 over MV, Appomattox 48-13 over Heritage.

Looks like after JF and probably Brookville in 2nd, the Seminole is wide open from 3-7. Rustburg has looked pretty good only losing 14-7 to Appomattox. EC Glass, Heritage, Liberty have been surprisingly disappointing. Amherst has a shot to finish in the top half of the Seminole and hopefully make the playoffs. It's hard to tell how they will do in the Seminole based on their 2 games so far. They really need to beat Rockbridge this week. Then the Seminole slate followed by a tough game with Appomattox to finish the season. With only 12 teams making the West playoffs you're probably going to need at least 5 maybe 6 wins.

It's hard to tell how points will be counted for LCA they only have 3 public schools on their schedule. How will they classify some of these private schools for points purposes? They will probably need 7 maybe 8 wins to get a spot, just my guess.

Wow! I was wondering how that game had turned out. Some surprising scores this week. Staunton River 69-26 over Liberty, JF 53-20 over MV, Appomattox 48-13 over Heritage.

Looks like after JF and probably Brookville in 2nd, the Seminole is wide open from 3-7. Rustburg has looked pretty good only losing 14-7 to Appomattox. EC Glass, Heritage, Liberty have been surprisingly disappointing. Amherst has a shot to finish in the top half of the Seminole and hopefully make the playoffs. It's hard to tell how they will do in the Seminole based on their 2 games so far. They really need to beat Rockbridge this week. Then the Seminole slate followed by a tough game with Appomattox to finish the season. With only 12 teams making the West playoffs you're probably going to need at least 5 maybe 6 wins.

It's hard to tell how points will be counted for LCA they only have 3 public schools on their schedule. How will they classify some of these private schools for points purposes? They will probably need 7 maybe 8 wins to get a spot, just my guess.
I checked GilliamRatings for Amherst's schedule they are considered favorites in 4 (Rockbridge, EC Glass, Liberty, and Heritage) and underdogs in the other 4 (JF, Brookville, Rustburg, and Appomattox) of their remaining games. His predictions are usually pretty accurate a few games into the season so I think they'll have to win their 4 "favorites" games and steal at least one of those "underdog" games maybe Rustburg or Appomattox?

With only 12 teamsmaking the West playoffs you're probably going to need at least 5 maybe 6 wins.

???? Don't you still have a 16 team field, with the best four having a bye the first week?

Last edited:
I checked GilliamRatings for Amherst's schedule they are considered favorites in 4 (Rockbridge, EC Glass, Liberty, and Heritage) and underdogs in the other 4 (JF, Brookville, Rustburg, and Appomattox) of their remaining games. His predictions are usually pretty accurate a few games into the season so I think they'll have to win their 4 "favorites" games and steal at least one of those "underdog" games maybe Rustburg or Appomattox?
I have confidence in them for the favorites, they will not beat JF for sure. At home against Brookville and I believe they will take Rustburg, just my opinion

Reactions: mike salem
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT