ADVERTISEMENT

Matchups this week?

A

anon_y7v0wv40itxop

What are some matchups that you guys are watching this week?

What are some matchups that you guys are watching this week?

Below are some games I find interesting for various reasons.

Class 4 games of interest:
Dinwiddie vs Thomas Dale
Lake Taylor vs Pheobus
Indian River vs Deep Creek
Midlothian vs Huguenot
Louisa vs Western Albemarle
Kettle Run vs Millbrook
Blacksburg vs Patrick Henry Roanoke
Brookville vs EC Glass
Namesmond River vs Kings Fork
Heritage NN vs Woodside

Class 5:
Henrico vs Highland Springs

Class 6:
Ocean Lakes vs Cox
Cosby vs Clover Hill

Below are some games I find interesting for various reasons.

Class 4 games of interest:
Dinwiddie vs Thomas Dale
Lake Taylor vs Pheobus
Indian River vs Deep Creek
Midlothian vs Huguenot
Louisa vs Western Albemarle
Kettle Run vs Millbrook
Blacksburg vs Patrick Henry Roanoke
Brookville vs EC Glass
Namesmond River vs Kings Fork
Heritage NN vs Woodside

Class 5:
Henrico vs Highland Springs

Class 6:
Ocean Lakes vs Cox
Cosby vs Clover Hill
Woodside and Heritage NN okayed 9/21 and Woodside won.

Reactions: mbonape1
WA has won the last two out of three matchups. Louisa had one of their best teams ever last year, and only won 22-8. This one will be close again, I'll be stunned and pumped if it's not.

Reactions: mbonape1
I think Western Albemarle is capable of giving Louisa a game... but I will take Louisa to win comfortably in the end. I wouldn't be surprised if it is close for 2.5 - 3 quarters. Western Albemarle has as good a chance as anyone else on Louisa schedule to maybe upset them. I still think Louisa wins by 2-3 scores.

I think Western Albemarle is capable of giving Louisa a game... but I will take Louisa to win comfortably in the end. I wouldn't be surprised if it is close for 2.5 - 3 quarters. Western Albemarle has as good a chance as anyone else on Louisa schedule to maybe upset them. I still think Louisa wins by 2-3 scores.
Wow...that surprises me. I know in football it's not good use the logic If A beats B, and B beats C, etc...., but in the benefit game, Culpeper pretty much scored at will against WA, and WA couldn't do anything on offense. I would think Louisa should put up 50+ with no problem, and shut out WA with their starters.

Wow...that surprises me. I know in football it's not good use the logic If A beats B, and B beats C, etc...., but in the benefit game, Culpeper pretty much scored at will against WA, and WA couldn't do anything on offense. I would think Louisa should put up 50+ with no problem, and shut out WA with their starters.

Also, I'm pretty sure Western starting RB didn't play in the scrimmage against Culpeper. He's good. He's had a few 200+ yard games and could cause problems for Louisa, but he is a bit undersized. If Western can lock down on D then they have a chance. I expect a slow, grind it out game, both teams are well coached.

I expect a close game like last year. WA has a way to shut louisa down. I think if louisa gets out fast though it could be a walk.

You may be right... I have seen neither team, I am just going of historical information. I trust that Louisa has fielded a quality ball club. WA is just speculation for me.

I would think Louisa should put up 50+ with no problem, and shut out WA with their starters.
As much of a mismatch this game was, we could've scored 50, even with our offensive miscues. But it was the typical Louisa/WA game: a bunch of Louisa penalties to a few for WA. I wish the game could've just ended at halftime, it dragged on. I doubt WA had more than 60 yards of total offense, with most of it coming on a deep pass TD, a couple of plays after a ticky tack "running into the punter" call on Louisa. WA's other points were a FG after Louisa fumbled inside their own 20, and a pick 6.

Last edited:
I was close, WA had 79 yards of total offense, with about 40 of it on the one pass. Shifflett of WA had 10 yards rushing on 17 carries.

it was a good thing louisas defense was on their game because the play on offense was just sloppy. if they put the ball on the ground against a good team or make bad passes like last night it will be a disaster. it wasn't a ticky tack running into the punter it was just running into the punter period. the o line has to stop holding as one player had 4 all by himself. the REAL deal is that louisa is good but if they cut the sloppy play they will contend. Mr. Smith hit some guys so hard it hurt me.......that guy is savage and relentless..

Yeah, the first play of the game was a huge sack by Smith. He wasn't playing around but then got slowed down by the penalty calls. His speed off the edge is crazy.

These are the dog-days for Louisa and EV. They have to play 4 more games that they know they should win with a running clock....hard to mentally get up for those each week. This is where coaching plays a big role.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT