ADVERTISEMENT

Maxpreps Class 2 Rankings

Class 2 is the most unpredictable to me.

Appomattox at 1-3 could be considered a disappointment to some at this point (including us since we had them preseason No. 1), but they've had a tough schedule and I wouldn't count out a Doug Smith coached team. Especially this one with some serious talent, led by D-1 prospects in Pennix and Copeland.

Favorites do look like Graham and Radford, and possibly a Ridgeview team that when clicking is as potent offensively as just about anyone in all of SWVA.

Appomattox at 1-3 could be considered a disappointment to some at this point (including us since we had them preseason No. 1), but they've had a tough schedule and I wouldn't count out a Doug Smith coached team. Especially this one with some serious talent, led by D-1 prospects in Pennix and Copeland.

Favorites do look like Graham and Radford, and possibly a Ridgeview team that when clicking is as potent offensively as just about anyone in all of SWVA.
The tough point for Appomattox will be they will now have to win on the road in the playoffs. Not impossible just tougher. Excellent assessment.

Reactions: matthew328826

I'm guessing Appo runs off six straight and enters the postseason 7-3. I don't think anyone in the Dogwood keeps it close with them this year. Not a lot of rider points since the Dogwood has struggled with OOD play. Could Appo open the postseason as the 4th seed?

You got Union to low. Union will beat Ridgeview when they play. Top 5 should be
Graham, Radford, Central-Woodstock, Union, tie with King William and Ridgeview. Stuarts Draft beating a horrible Greenbrier East team 14-3 makes me think they maybe shouldn't be top 5.

You got Union to low. Union will beat Ridgeview when they play. Top 5 should be
Graham, Radford, Central-Woodstock, Union, tie with King William and Ridgeview. Stuarts Draft beating a horrible Greenbrier East team 14-3 makes me think they maybe shouldn't be top 5.
Woodstock giving King William a heck of a game in the state semi's last season and returning a bunch of starters is a good sign for Central. They might have an argument for number 1 or number 2 ahead of Graham and Radford and they are another team that seemed to have been a bit low in the Vapreps rankings.

Woodstock giving King William a heck of a game in the state semi's last season and returning a bunch of starters is a good sign for Central. They might have an argument for number 1 or number 2 ahead of Graham and Radford and they are another team that seemed to have been a bit low in the Vapreps rankings.
It will all be worked out on field. King Williams is 10th. There isn't 9 2A teams in Virginia better than them, and Central Woodstock with what they did in playoffs last year and what they return shouldn't be 5th. They shouldn't be any lower than 3rd. At end of day, it don't matter. Gotta win em on the gridiron and not on paper.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT