ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe try a different approach

Aug 11, 2014
The prediction post probably went too far, but how about a different view. Who would you like to see play each other as a good match up in any round. Which team or style could be a tough match up for say JF this year. Last year they couldn't handle Liberty size, is there another team like that they don't want to see? Now that EV is almost all the way back from the injury bug, I think a run in with Dinwiddie could be fun. Is there a style of play that gives Salem a tough time?

d09bed20761bec96dc75b1a60af97c01_crop_north.png

In the East, I would like to see that possible EV/Chancellor rematch and KG/Courtland rematch in the first round. With EV healthy, they should beat Chancellor, and Courtland will want revenge at home against KG. If KG wins again, this place will go nuts. I'm also interested in a possible Lafayette/King's Fork game in the second round, that would tell a lot more about each team than we've seen all season. Louisa/Hanover and Louisa/Monacan are both very interesting potential match-ups to me, as Hanover and Monacan have very different styles of play, and neither team has played anyone with Louisa's style of play in probably many years. Also, again, Courtland/Lake Taylor would be an awesome match up to me. I think it'd be a low-scoring slobber-knocker.

In the West, JF against nearly ANY West team intrigues me. They have the offense to beat Sherando, defense should contain Sherando enough. JF would really struggle with Salem today, and I think they'd struggle with GW too. I would like to see Amherst sneak in and be that spoiler for a couple of rounds. This place would also go bananas if they rematch Salem, and win!

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
In the East, I would like to see that possible EV/Chancellor rematch and KG/Courtland rematch in the first round. With EV healthy, they should beat Chancellor, and Courtland will want revenge at home against KG. If KG wins again, this place will go nuts. I'm also interested in a possible Lafayette/King's Fork game in the second round, that would tell a lot more about each team than we've seen all season. Louisa/Hanover and Louisa/Monacan are both very interesting potential match-ups to me, as Hanover and Monacan have very different styles of play, and neither team has played anyone with Louisa's style of play in probably many years. Also, again, Courtland/Lake Taylor would be an awesome match up to me. I think it'd be a low-scoring slobber-knocker.

In the West, JF against nearly ANY West team intrigues me. They have the offense to beat Sherando, defense should contain Sherando enough. JF would really struggle with Salem today, and I think they'd struggle with GW too. I would like to see Amherst sneak in and be that spoiler for a couple of rounds. This place would also go bananas if they rematch Salem, and win!

KF has absolutely nothing for Lafayette. Period. I've seen Smithfield play both, no contest.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I still say that Chsncellor Eastern View rematch could end up way different from the first game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT