ADVERTISEMENT

Middlesex-Luray

riversportsfan

VaPreps Rookie
Oct 16, 2012
I think this could be a great game. I don't know too much about Luray, but I do know they play in a tough district. I was down on Middlesex after the King William game, but they do have some playmakers on their team. They have good overall team speed and if their RB or QB gets loose, you might not catch them. Any thoughts?

I think this could be a great game. I don't know too much about Luray, but I do know they play in a tough district. I was down on Middlesex after the King William game, but they do have some playmakers on their team. They have good overall team speed and if their RB or QB gets loose, you might not catch them. Any thoughts?

Luray wins. Middlesex has some talent but their offense can be contained. Stop the run and Luray wins by 2 scores.

I think the hardest part for Middlesex is going to be playing in that environment. They aren't used to playing in front of fans that intense. I do think that if Middlesex can somehow weather the storm in the first quarter and take the crowd out of it some this is a winnable game for them. They will have the best athlete on the field and I don't see Luray stopping him. The question is can Middlesex make the stops they need. I say it's going to be in the upper 20s to low 30s type of game scoring wise either way

I was thinking the same thing about the environment. I don't know how well Middlesex fans will travel.

They were into it pretty good for the Riverheads game but that's also a rivalry game too. Luray plays in a tough district no doubt but they also only beat a one win SJ team by four last week. This is one of those games that in my opinion is a tossup

I have a different take on this question. I have never seen or known Luray fans to be that rabid and I certainly don't think it is one of those "bad" places to play. When Riverheads travels up there, we outnumber them more often than not and this year, I thought we took them out of the game so quickly by scoring on the second play from scrimmage that it quieted them for the rest of the night. So I have a hard time believing that atmosphere will determine this one.

I picked Luray and began my doubting right away. They can be a handful on either side of the ball but I haven't seen it since they played RHS. Earlier schedule was weak, then they took a nose dive except against the bottom teams in the district. In hindsight I see this as a 2 TD loss for Luray if Middlesex is average.

Well maybe Luray isn't a rowdy crowd, but they will have plenty of fans there, right? Middlesex is the biggest turn around story in 1A this season I believe. 1-9 last season, and they got that win in the very first game. So came into this season on a 9 game losing streak. They won 7 games this season. They don't have a win over a team with a .500 record or better, but they do have a couple play makers as previously stated. If they win, it will be their first playoff win since the '94 season. They won the state championship in '93 and lost in the state championship in '94. If I am wrong, please let me know.

Last edited:
Luray will have a decent crowd I think...who knows....maybe I'll go too! It's closer than the other game I was maybe planning on going to...

Well maybe Luray isn't a rowdy crowd, but they will have plenty of fans there, right? Middlesex is the biggest turn around story in 1A this season I believe. 1-9 last season, and they got that win in the very first game. So came into this season on a 9 game losing streak. They won 7 games this season. They don't have a win over a team with a .500 record or better, but they do have a couple play makers as previously stated. If they win, it will be their first playoff win since the '94 season. They won the state championship in '93 and lost in the state championship in '94. If I am wrong, please let me know.
Yeah they played Appalachia both years. Won like 10-6 then the next year they got beat like 70-7 or something like that.

Did Middlesex beat Luray in the state semifinal in 93? I know Luray made it to the state semifinal after beating Goochland in the regional championship.

Hey. I finally found it on the internet. Middlesex did beat Luray in that game 28-14, and then Appalachia 10-6 the next week for the state championship.

I was right on the money about the Appalachia score. Just didn't know who they beat in the semis. Of course Appalachia got their revenge big time the following year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT