ADVERTISEMENT

Millbrook (7-2) at Sherando (8-1) [Now on Thursday]

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
Sherando/Millbrook has become the premier contest among the Frederick County and Winchester schools in recent years. After three straight games at Millbrook, this Friday's game will be hosted by Sherando for the first time since 2015. The Pioneers have never won at Arrowhead Stadium, but have come close in the past (9-6 Sherando in 2009). That's a trend they'll be looking to reverse on Friday night.

A lot is on the line, starting with playoff positioning. Sherando needs to win to have a shot at the #2 seed in Region C, and Millbrook is looking to position themselves for a potentially deep playoff run. The winner of this game will take home the Barr-Lindon Crimson Apple trophy, the award given to the best team each year among the Frederick County and Winchester schools.

The forecast is calling for steady rain on Friday, so Millbrook should have a slight advantage like they had against Liberty last weekend. Both teams can run the ball but Millbrook tends to rely on it more than Sherando does. I'm hoping that both teams will be healthy; Millbrook especially has been hit hard by injuries this year but finally seems to be getting everyone back, and Sherando's QB Entsminger has been limited in recent weeks and a very good lineman has been unable to play due to an injury.

Funnily enough it's possible that these two will be seeing each other again the week after next, regardless of who wins on Friday.

Predictions?

If the forecast holds I've got Sherando winning 35-22.

Reactions: CavsGrad
Nice post !
I just don’t see how Rain is going to give Millbrook a advantage in any way, maybe if they had Sherando’s Offensive line to run behind. Millbrook does have some quality athletes , but if it Rains a lot , would love to see that tremendous Millbrook defense stop the Train package with Doleman and Bauer .
Also , not to be in your post to much but Sherando doesn’t have a starting linemen out, there is a defensive end that is out , but he is not a starter .
Entsminger is fine , and healthy , the Brace is just for pre-cautionary reasons before the playoffs.
Should be a great game!

Reactions: Shruikan
If Kettle Run can hold Millbrook on a Wet muddy field, I know the linebackers for Sherando will be able to slow down the sweep and counters that Millbrook runs so well.

I don’t see Millbrook putting up more than 2 scores.

42-14 Sherando.

Game has been moved to Thursday night at 7pm.

DohVSxJ.png

Reactions: BigBWincCity
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT