ADVERTISEMENT

Millbrook @Liberty

hamspear

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2009
Arrowhead stadium
Dont really understand how Liberty let that happen last week, But! This week is another week. Liberty plays solid D , Millbrook does not stop the run well, and in my opinion has not played a quality opponent all year. It’s a tough call but the difference to me is that Liberty Size on the line play. Liberty is huge on defensive line. Millbrook won’t be able to handle that in my opinion. now Millbrook can get the big play, so if it becomes a track meet , Liberty loses. But, The game is in Bealton also , I will give them at least plus 6 for that. I have my reasons. In my opinion after what happened last week, Liberty will come out inspired early , and Millbrook won’t be able to handle the physicality . Liberty 42 millbrook 28.

Reactions: Rev_Real and OCBoy
Dont really understand how Liberty let that happen last week, But! This week is another week. Liberty plays solid D , Millbrook does not stop the run well, and in my opinion has not played a quality opponent all year. It’s a tough call but the difference to me is that Liberty Size on the line play. Liberty is huge on defensive line. Millbrook won’t be able to handle that in my opinion. now Millbrook can get the big play, so if it becomes a track meet , Liberty loses. But, The game is in Bealton also , I will give them at least plus 6 for that. I have my reasons. In my opinion after what happened last week, Liberty will come out inspired early , and Millbrook won’t be able to handle the physicality . Liberty 42 millbrook 28.
Wish I was coming home because this is where I would go and surely would put some truth out there about both of these teams

IMO biggest game for millbrook in the short history. Surprised nobody talking about it.

Didn't you hear? Region C is garbage and doesn't have a shot at the title. Someone should tell the VHSL to cancel the game and the Region C playoffs and award the position to one of the far superior Region A, B, or D teams.

Last edited:
Wish that was true Ham but no denying our defensive penalties killed us and in a big game u have to bring big intensity...

Liberty doomed themselves with penalties and sloppy play on defense. I still think they're capable of winning the region if they can clean that stuff up. Big game next weekend to decide the district champion!

Reactions: hamspear
Think other issues are holding liberty back right now, you don't run the table for 6 weeks then come out and play like boo boo the last 2 weeks

Didn't you hear? Region C is garbage and doesn't have a shot at the title. Someone should tell the VHSL to cancel the game and the Region C playoffs and award the position to one of the far superior Region A, B, or D teams.
A far superior team called EC Glass lost to LCA last night. Umm, LCA lost Martinsburg 45-9.

Reactions: Shruikan
A far superior team called EC Glass lost to LCA last night. Umm, LCA lost Martinsburg 45-9.

That's a real head-scratcher. Oh, I know. It must've been that Martinsburg played up to their usual standards against LCA but played down to Sherando and had some bad sushi before showing up at Arrowhead. That's the only way to explain it!

I'm not a 4a guy as you all know, but Sherando has a rich history and shouldn't be counted out, along with the other top teams. All I know about LCA is that they used to be a private school who recruited and now they aren't. But from reading on here it seems as though they have improved over the season. But the big discrepancy in their score and Sherando with Martinsburg who sounds like is really good should have people not counting out Region C.

Without knowing much, I would say by the talk on here is Region A is favorite followed by Region D, but that certainly doesn't mean B and C have no shot

I'm not a 4a guy as you all know, but Sherando has a rich history and shouldn't be counted out, along with the other top teams. All I know about LCA is that they used to be a private school who recruited and now they aren't. But from reading on here it seems as though they have improved over the season. But the big discrepancy in their score and Sherando with Martinsburg who sounds like is really good should have people not counting out Region C.

Without knowing much, I would say by the talk on here is Region A is favorite followed by Region D, but that certainly doesn't mean B and C have no shot
I think you mean region B is the frontrunner with Dinwiddie, Monacan, Louisa, and Eastern View, all undefeated with Region D, C, and A in tow.

I think you mean region B is the frontrunner with Dinwiddie, Monacan, Louisa, and Eastern View, all undefeated with Region D, C, and A in tow.
Yep all other regions should pack it up like last year when Salem did. Oh wait -didn’t Salem win last year? When they were inferior to everybody else?

Yep all other regions should pack it up like last year when Salem did. Oh wait -didn’t Salem win last year? When they were inferior to everybody else?
It's nice to fly below the radar after winning 2. You have Sherando flying below the radar this year saying they'll be a favorite next year. I think it's open for the taking. Probably more competitive this year than last. Enjoy the show.

It's nice to fly below the radar after winning 2. You have Sherando flying below the radar this year saying they'll be a favorite next year. I think it's open for the taking. Probably more competitive this year than last. Enjoy the show.
Is shrerndo really under the radar? If liberty gets there sh!t together and and if millbrook can stop a team and make a team they play against punt 3 times in 4 quaters is sherando a factor???? Think the jury is out on the TOP DOGS in this division

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Sherando, Liberty, Millbrook, Woodgrove, Dominion, Heritage, should make for a very competitive playoff race in Region C. The under the radar comment was meant on a statewide level. A poster had said next year might be Sherando's year because there will be a lot of 3 yr starters. If they play like they did against Martinsburg, they will certainly have a shot at winning the region. No one team or Region has been coronated in my mind anyway. Should be interesting to see who emerges from each region and how those teams matchup with one another.

Great points Mike. The reality is no matter if there are 8 undefeated teams in a region there can only be one winner from each. If you really take an honest look at each region you will find it hard to pick the winner. There are no fewer than four contenders for the region title in each. Once the region champions are crowned things could be clearer or cloudier. A lot of parity in class 4.

Example: no particular order

A. Kings Fork, Lafayette, Deep Creek, Smithfield and LT
B. Monacan, Louisa, EV, and Dinwiddie
C. Millbrook, Sherando, Liberty, Woodgrove and Dominion.
D. Blacksburg, Salem, GW, Byrd oh heck all 8 qualifiers.

Reactions: mbonape1
And the real kicker in Region C is that Woodgrove doesn't even look like they will get in without some upset help in the final week and Sherando people telling me they don't get in if they lose to Millbrook. The 6 team Region playoff might bite a couple good teams.

And the real kicker in Region C is that Woodgrove doesn't even look like they will get in without some upset help in the final week and Sherando people telling me they don't get in if they lose to Millbrook. The 6 team Region playoff might bite a couple good teams.

Wow if that is true, I think ShruiKan is right, we should cancel that region. Is there a petition started already or should we get that going? I assume a peaceful march at the doors of the VHSL office should get it done.

I don’t know why the would be banging on any door of the VHSL, the region itself is the one who decided to do it this way. VHSL doesn’t care how teams get out of the regions.
I am sure there will be at last one qualified team worthy enough to grace the field on semifinal day. Hopefully they will not be a total embarrassment to the rest of the state.

Reactions: OCBoy

Woodgrove doesn't deserve to go to playoffs this Year.

We are one and done if we do manage to sneak into playoffs.

Hopefully our young team will beat our Rivals this week and comeback next year more focused, better disciplined and stronger.

Hopefully our young team will beat our Rivals this week and comeback next year more focused, better disciplined and stronger.

Tom, can you verify if Woodgrove still has a chance to make the post season? You did have a few perplexing losses but you played Broad Run tough and dogged Massopanox. You don't think you could string a few games together in the playoffs. I disagree.

Nope.

We have a freshman QB and gimpy Junior QB that have different skill sets.

Our best WR is done for year and our special teams are bloody awful.

Our Defense has struggled lately, our run game has been stuffed lately and our kids are committing way to many penalties.

We are getting outcoached lately as well.

We are one and done if we make playoffs.

Next year, I suspect, we will be back to smash mouth Woodgrove football.

But woodgrove could take this year to get some playeoff experience. It’s a hella motivation sparker for the coming years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT