ADVERTISEMENT

mmqp

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
Good luck to your Fighting Blues this weekend! 7-3, not bad.

You know I was just thinking, timing can be everything. If you guys had last year's team this season (in your new region as well), PM would have had that top West seed (unlike what 3rd place at 10-0 last year?) and we may have seen that Essex-PM matchup in Salem after all ha. Still Riverheads and others are tough this season but it could have been a likely matchup. AltaVista was just a bear last year and before as you know.

I know it doesn't matter now but still an interesting thought...

If's and's and but's ? Cant look back ! Everything gotta go your way to bring the trophy home ! No matter who !

Good luck to your Fighting Blues this weekend! 7-3, not bad.

You know I was just thinking, timing can be everything. If you guys had last year's team this season (in your new region as well), PM would have had that top West seed (unlike what 3rd place at 10-0 last year?) and we may have seen that Essex-PM matchup in Salem after all ha. Still Riverheads and others are tough this season but it could have been a likely matchup. AltaVista was just a bear last year and before as you know.

I know it doesn't matter now but still an interesting thought...

Lol we finished 6th in the East last season! I loved playing all those different schools while were in that conference. Once in a lifetime chances in my opinion. We've played most of the western schools with a few exceptions. I'm still not sure we would have made it to Salem though, we would have had either Essex or Altavista (cannot remember which one was first seed) come to BV for the semifinal game and that would have been brutal. It was a tough road regardless and I felt like in both 2013 and 2014 we fought valiantly. No regrets on the outcome of either season..or 2012 for that matter.

Ya know, I'm not sure we would have made it past Honaker last year either. They panicked way too early vs. Altavista. From what I gathered and from what I took away from listening to that game on the radio, Honaker COULD move the ball on the ground vs. them. But they kept going away from the run! Then they gave up two field goals to go down 6-0 and total panic set in with the Tigers throwing like 5 INT's for the game.

I wish your Trojans the best this year as always. I would be very happy if you guys bring home the trophy from Salem. One game at a time.

I wouldn't call it panic. As you all found out real quick you have to be diverse against that Altavista team. We could move the ball on the ground but had to try and pass also. They just picked over half the passes we threw lol. But that was a looonnnggg time ago and thank God all those kids from Altavista are gone!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT