ADVERTISEMENT

Monacan v LT Game

Dec 12, 2006
Truly heart breaker. Monacan was in it whole game. Im probably one of few that believe it would be close. But like I had mentioned everyone was looking at Bird game to guages as that's all most could use understandably. Must say great game both sides and sportsmanship from both teams

As a KW guy and big Coach Henderson fan I'm just heartbroken for him and his team. Hardly nobody gave them a chance but I knew he would find a way to keep it close. Sad that they had to lose like that. I'm sure this one will hurt for a long time but hopefully they'll use it as a springboard for next season. Congrats Coach Henderson and Monacan on a terrific season

I was there with you. I thought that Coach Henderson would do a great job of preparing a game plan. I though LT would win, but only because their huge, fast athletes would would get the upper hand as the game wore on. But man, what an emotional ending. And to be fair, for both teams.

I'm a fan of Coach Henderson because of all he did for us at Dinwiddie. It speaks volumes about a person when every where they have passed through, the people you have interacted with admire and respect you.

Jim, the kids and our communities are very fortunate to have you teaching and setting the example on how to be a respectable human being.

Thank You Sir.

I agree with you 100%. Im glad my some was able to be coached by such a genttleman. You can tell he genuinely cares about the kids

I sure hope the region selects him as coach of the year. Even though the LT coach is deserving too, Jim has done just an unbelievable job this year.

This is his Mom and I couldn't be more proud if they had won!!! I certainly appreciate your kind words! I couldn't make it to the game but Bobby's wife Katie was giving me play by play for a lot of the game!! so I got to watch the local news and His after the game interviews were fantastic!! He was smiling and said the team played their hearts out!! He was smiling and congratulating Lake Taylor after the game!! He was so proud of his team and it showed!! They went where no one expected them to go!! But Jim said after the game in his interview that is the rule and you have to play by the rules!! Talking about the blocked punt turning into the winning TD. Great season Monacan Chiefs!!

Monacan play hard and my hat is off to the kids and the coach. As a coach myself that was some of the worst officiating I have seen in a long time. The officials tried to dictate the game in the end the the experience of the Titans won the game that was it. Both teams played hard enough win the game to be honest but those officials dictated the game. I hate talking like that as a coach but it was what it was. You had to be there to see it for yourself. You should be proud Monacan. When teams when the way the Titans did in a game like that you win STATE Championships. Thinking back to the North Stafford game on the way to its first.

Hello Mrs. Henderson I got a chance to talk to your husband and tell him how thankful I was for all he has done for me as a coach and person. By far he taught me the most about football even more than my college coaches and had me prepared to play in college. Was bittersweet playing against Jim having played with Trey and him in hs. I know they make your proud and Bo was Bo after the game cool as can be and took it way better than I would have. I thought today about how many Friday's we spent at your house after the games watching film, eating pizza, playing games, etc. Thank you!!! Mike Whittington

Thanks Mike!! I have been telling everyone how neat it would be for you and Jim to coach against each other!! Those were some good times!! I prepared pregame meals for years just stopped this year, and one year Ricky was telling them about the good times we had at our house after the games and they asked me what they could do to do that again?!!! I told them nothing!!! You all were some special guys and I will always cherish those times!! Love you!!1

Spoken like the proud mom you should be! he learned to how to handle adversity with class from his parents. The boys are all about football but they are more concerned about helping these boys become young men

sounds like an awesome guy and coach to me. Sounds like they have a good future

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT