ADVERTISEMENT

Monacan v. Midlo

My initial calculations have everyone's (Monacan, EV, Louisa, and Din) min/max between 298-306 (again assuming all win their final game). Games (besides theirs) that matter:
This is far from decided and will come down to how the out of district teams do.
Louisa is at a disadvantage as they can only earn 2 more points (Courtland over Spotsy, not a given by any stretch)

EV is behind the 8 ball with TA, Cul, and Orange all falling tonight. They need T-A over Harrisonburg and Orange over Powhatan next week.

Dinwiddie needs 2 wins from Salem to stay in the hunt. 1 win keeps them out of 4th

Monacan is still in the driver's seat. If GA wins out 1 Hanover win (out of 2) seals the deal.

I know I'm not the only one that does this stuff. The other guys I know have stopped posting. Maybe they are still following and will come out to check my math?

Reactions: OCBoy and 1Gensfan
My initial calculations have everyone's (Monacan, EV, Louisa, and Din) min/max between 298-306 (again assuming all win their final game). Games (besides theirs) that matter:
This is far from decided and will come down to how the out of district teams do.
Louisa is at a disadvantage as they can only earn 2 more points (Courtland over Spotsy, not a given by any stretch)

EV is behind the 8 ball with TA, Cul, and Orange all falling tonight. They need T-A over Harrisonburg and Orange over Powhatan next week.

Dinwiddie needs 2 wins from Salem to stay in the hunt. 1 win keeps them out of 4th

Monacan is still in the driver's seat. If GA wins out 1 Hanover win (out of 2) seals the deal.

I know I'm not the only one that does this stuff. The other guys I know have stopped posting. Maybe they are still following and will come out to check my math?

Credit to Midlothian for out executing Monacan on all levels. And we were healthy. If you can't play penalty free and catch the ball running wide open down the sideline on numerous occasions bad things happen. 3-4 turnovers don't help either. Then throw in a Midlo fake punt where the upman throws a 70 yrd TD pass.... Oh and wait for it... Then you get a punt blocked inside your own 10 yrd line.

This has been festering for us. A team that walks down the field whenever we want in the first half. I am not sure we have really played a complete game this season. Again scoreless in the 2nd half. Midlo is exactly what I knew they were... a solid team that can send you home if you can't play clean football. Monacan has a good team, but by my estimation is underperforming. The thought of us playing error free football for a 4-5 week playoff run seems unlikely based on the collective evidence at hand. We should not lose that game under any circumstance!! Maybe this will serve as a wake up call, and I guess better now than later. But at the same time, we already got mollywopped by Manchester, how many wake up calls do you need? Sorry for subjecting you to my morning rant. Obviously have a lot on my mind! #frusteratedFAN #stilllovemyboysthough

Credit to Midlothian for out executing Monacan on all levels. And we were healthy. If you can't play penalty free and catch the ball running wide open down the sideline on numerous occasions bad things happen. 3-4 turnovers don't help either. Then throw in a Midlo fake punt where the upman throws a 70 yrd TD pass.... Oh and wait for it... Then you get a punt blocked inside your own 10 yrd line.

This has been festering for us. A team that walks down the field whenever we want in the first half. I am not sure we have really played a complete game this season. Again scoreless in the 2nd half. Midlo is exactly what I knew they were... a solid team that can send you home if you can't play clean football. Monacan has a good team, but by my estimation is underperforming. The thought of us playing error free football for a 4-5 week playoff run seems unlikely based on the collective evidence at hand. We should not lose that game under any circumstance!! Maybe this will serve as a wake up call, and I guess better now than later. But at the same time, we already got mollywopped by Manchester, how many wake up calls do you need? Sorry for subjecting you to my morning rant. Obviously have a lot on my mind! #frusteratedFAN #stilllovemyboysthough
Your chiefs will be ok. I understand your frustration. Last night it seemed for every step we took forward, we took two steps backwards. I believe we had 4 turnovers and penalties killed us. Had a perfect pass to the end zone dropped and hopewells defense shut down every aspect of our game. Shout our to our defence for holding Hopewell, who averages 40+ ppg to only 7 which came with 4 minutes left in game, unfortunately their defence held us to 0. Found out after the game hopewells starting quarterback didnt play. This one really hurt us as far as points losing to a 3a. Still trying to figure out how a very unhealthy Dale team put up 49 on hopewells defence. Hopewell is the real deal and I hope they make a long run in 3a this year. I know the Generals will bounce back and I'm still proud of them.

Reactions: mbonape1
Your chiefs will be ok. I understand your frustration. Last night it seemed for every step we took forward, we took two steps backwards. I believe we had 4 turnovers and penalties killed us. Had a perfect pass to the end zone dropped and hopewells defense shut down every aspect of our game. Shout our to our defence for holding Hopewell, who averages 40+ ppg to only 7 which came with 4 minutes left in game, unfortunately their defence held us to 0. Found out after the game hopewells starting quarterback didnt play. This one really hurt us as far as points losing to a 3a. Still trying to figure out how a very unhealthy Dale team put up 49 on hopewells defence. Hopewell is the real deal and I hope they make a long run in 3a this year. I know the Generals will bounce back and I'm still proud of them.

You still get the extra 2 points for playing a lower class team, so it is actually the same as losing to a 4a team

Reactions: 1Gensfan

Don't give up just yet... Keep in mind, despite the penalties and there were a lot... despite the turnovers and it got wild in that fourth quarters, the Chiefs were still in position to win this one and nearly did. Just got a cleanup some things.

Well during the coarse of the game you look at twitter and Diniwiddie is tied 0-0 after 3 periods, You are up by 2 td's at halftime and probably should be up by 28 points. You think ok second half we will finally play a 4 quarter game all the way through. Also you notice Louisa has put up half of 100 on C-ville in like 1.5 quarters... We come out and do the exact opposite and can't finish again. I don't what is what in B anymore. Also, Dinwiddie being held scoreless is shocking! I would have to put Louisa as top dog in B now and add EV as number 2. Monacan and Dinwiddie are 3-4 at this point. Maybe not in points, but certainly in morale...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT