ADVERTISEMENT

My Final Top 10 Of The Year

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
A great season with a horrible ending to it. Nothing can be done now, but hats off to all of the players and coaches on a fine season. Thanks again to the people who posted on here throughout the season. I'll go into hibernation until football season, especially now that the NCAA tournament has been canceled. I'm not a big spring sports guy, and at this rate, who knows if they will even have spring sports.

1. Auburn & Mathews. Since they are co-champions, they share my final #1 spot.
3. Colonial Beach
4. Grundy
5. Eastside
6. Parry McCluer
7. Riverheads
8. Lancaster
9. Northwood
10 George Wythe

Even though it was only a quarter-final match, I do have a problem with you having Riverheads below Parry McCluer considering that the Gladiators took one of the "co-champs" to the wire but also beat PM twice by an average of about 25 points. So at the very least, please switch those two positions.

Why? You took Matthews to the wire, PM beat one of the Co-Champions! Those wins were at 1st of year, PM was not the same team down the stretch! My vote, leave it alone

Last edited:
Reactions: kwhs95fan
Even though it was only a quarter-final match, I do have a problem with you having Riverheads below Parry McCluer considering that the Gladiators took one of the "co-champs" to the wire but also beat PM twice by an average of about 25 points. So at the very least, please switch those two positions.
That was back in January. A lot can change between then and now. Just like in college rankings, the pollsters wouldn't automatically put Wake Forest ahead of Duke, just because they beat them. My poll has been based on the most recent success of teams and in my personal opinion, PM had more impressive wins between now and the last time I did my top 10, which was before regionals began.

Reactions: Mike777VSP
We could always schedule a re-match between the two. Goodness knows we aren't going to have anything else to do for a while!!!

Reactions: Mike777VSP
We could always schedule a re-match between the two. Goodness knows we aren't going to have anything else to do for a while!!!
I agree! We are in uncharted waters, when I was a Trooper we planned for these types of scenarios, but I never thought I would see the day!
I hate it for all those teams, I hate it for the NCAA student athletes, I hate it for us the fans, sports is what brings us together. I love these forums, I love to read how people feel, even if we don’t agree sometimes, sports is what bonds us in ways that other social events can’t. I pray God will give someone the wisdom to come up with a vaccine SOON and life will get back to “normal”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT