ADVERTISEMENT

My first "Ratings Beat" column in 7 years.

GilliamRatings

VaPreps All State
Jun 5, 2001
Orange, Virginia
Here it is.

Once we hit August, I intend to give Virginia Preps some content to publish first. Most likely it'll be the Ratings Beat articles. The only reason for this is that the guys here have been wonderful friends and are the only reason I know anything about high school sports these days. They've earned my thanks.

For now, I will just publish them on my site since football is "out of season," but once the year starts, if they want it, I will let them have exclusive access to "Ratings Beat" for a while before I archive it on my site. I hope it will drive traffic here. I in no way want to be a competitor to VirginiaPreps. I want to be a partner and hope that by working together we'll increase both sites' worth.

My second one is up.

Next one will be a comparison of high school SAT scores vs. Gilliam Rating Football Scores. I have a feeling some Northern Virginia school is going to win this one. (That's a joke, by the way...if you don't follow cross country it probably is not a joke that makes any sense). This is really an explanation of how my "new system" will work, why I changed it, and why it took so long for me to change it. There is also a chart that compares the final top ten teams in 5 different systems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT