4. Louisa
5. Lake Taylor
6. King George
7. Amherst
8. Eastern View
9. Monacan
10. William Byrd

HM: Dominion, Chancellor, Lafayette

My biggest change is lowering Amherst after what I consider an "almost bad" loss to a Brookville team with young lines. Playing the backup QB had nothing to do with it, but having three PATs blocked is bad. Moved Monacan back up after they showed they can pound a decent team in James River.

4A East
1. Dinwiddie
2. Louisa
3. Lake Taylor
4. King George
5. Eastern View
6. Monacan
7. Chancellor
8. Lafayette
9. Heritage (NN)
10. Powhatan

4A West
1. Woodgrove
2. Salem
3. Amherst
4. William Byrd
5. Dominion
6. Sherando
7. Champe
8. Liberty Christian Academy
9. Loudoun Valley
10. EC Glass

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedingNavy
Cant argue with your opinion. Believe Monacan is better than you give them credit for, but your rating is fair. Good job.

I'm not sure I understand your KG rating. I didn't get the impression they played you guys all that well and besides that game, have played one of the easiest schedules. I'm not saying they aren't deserving (because I haven't seen them), I'm just trying to understand what you saw in them. I guess we will see when they play Chancellor and JM. Of course, Louisa could just be that good, making KG seem even better. Man if they are that good, what a bracket...

I actually consider KG better than many teams in the top 10, you'd be surprised. There aren't many players in the state faster than Jordan Aley. Louisa didn't really move the ball on them until their defensive tackle left the game in the first half and didn't return. KG's QB also left the game in the first half and didn't return, but they still moved the ball. I think they both returned the following week. Louisa was a mix of lucky and for real to go on that 28-0 run in the 2nd quarter. KG also beat themselves against Essex. I don't wanna see KG again, and they'll be a tough first round draw for anyone, even for Dinwiddie. Chancellor barely escaped KG last year, this year KG's offense and defense are both much improved.

Reactions: KingGeorgeFan
Ok then. 1-7 in pods 19/20 is something else. Lot of similar teams too. as far as offense goes.. Run first, big O lines. I'm ready to see how this turns out..

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Unlike last year, KG has many weapons on offense and they execute their Wing T, especially their counters, very well. Big and physical offensive line. I forgot to mention they also dropped a sure TD pass against Louisa, which would've made it a three-possession lead. Their head coach said it simply in one article, "King George football is back", and he ain't Lion. Now I hope they stay healthy and back me up on all this, haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingGeorgeFan
Hoos, are you implying King George is better than Louisa and should have beaten the Lions?

Reactions: OCBoy
It seems like it, but no, because Louisa's hurry up offense did a good job of wearing down KG's defense dramatically, which is part of the reason that defensive tackle left the game in the first place. Louisa still had over 450 yards of offense, after all. But KG won't play against a running game that good unless they rematch Louisa.

No team in the east wants to see Dinwiddie period!
Maybe in pods 19-20, but down here no one is backing away from that challenge. Lost in the sauce in that Heritage loss is the fact we still are the 2x defending region champs. If Louisa gets the 1 seed and say we get the 1 seed and with some tough matchups along the way that game happens in Norfolk not Dinwiddie even if Dinwiddie has a higher power rating as it goes by seeding. If Dinwiddie is the best team out there who wouldn't want to prove themselves against the best? Saying no team wants to see Dinwiddie is funny..They put their pants on like everyone else does.

Ok back to the coach speak....Still a lot of football left to be played.

Ok. So do you think King George will be in the final four? If they (KG) could not handle the pace of Louisa how do you feel about the even quicker paces of Monacan and Dinwiddie? Mix in the threat of a pass on each down with sound running games... They better have quality depth or they will have more than a tackle dragging.

Ok. So do you think King George will be in the final four? If they (KG) could not handle the pace of Louisa how do you feel about the even quicker paces of Monacan and Dinwiddie? Mix in the threat of a pass on each down with sound running games... They better have quality depth or they will have more than a tackle dragging.
Well I know you'll find it VERY hard to believe, but Louisa's pace is just as fast as Monacan's and Dinwiddie's this year, and the offensive line is more physical. I have missed offensive snaps just by glancing at my phone for five seconds. That's when officials don't take their sweet time spotting the ball. KG can make the FF depending on their seed.

Last edited:
1. Dinwiddie
2. Woodgrove
3. Salem
4. Louisa
5. Lake Taylor
6. King George
7. Amherst
8. Eastern View
9. Monacan
10. William Byrd

HM: Dominion, Chancellor, Lafayette

My biggest change is lowering Amherst after what I consider an "almost bad" loss to a Brookville team with young lines. Playing the backup QB had nothing to do with it, but having three PATs blocked is bad. Moved Monacan back up after they showed they can pound a decent team in James River.

4A East
1. Dinwiddie
2. Louisa
3. Lake Taylor
4. King George
5. Eastern View
6. Monacan
7. Chancellor
8. Lafayette
9. Heritage (NN)
10. Powhatan

4A West
1. Woodgrove
2. Salem
3. Amherst
4. Dominion
5. William Byrd
6. Sherando
7. Champe
8. Liberty Christian Academy
9. Loudoun Valley
10. EC Glass
Well like you said it is your personal rankings.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Idk about the difference in pace, but there appears to be a difference in speed of the players involved.

Reactions: hamspear
I was not talking about Louisa. I was responding to your statement about pace.
Ok, Louisa is a fast or faster. Will they not be dragging when these two teams make them cover 4 guys and still defend the run without being able to substitute. Stamina is the key no matter who they play.

I have no clue about King George, but it seems they are the "bomb". This is always where we butt heads. I respect the heck out of what Louisa has done this year; however your statements appear to be based on the fact KG scared you, and not based the weaknesses you exposed.

You said:
If they (KG) could not handle the pace of Louisa how do you feel about the even quicker paces of Monacan and Dinwiddie?
You said you weren't talking about Louisa, but you seem to say Monacan's and Dinwiddie's pace is "even quicker" than Louisa's, so I corrected that point. Well I gave both sides of KG. Every team has weaknesses. @BleedingNavy so strictly based on offensive pace and skill players alone, do you think Monacan and Dinwiddie both have better offensive skill players than Chancellor's? Because we'll find out what KG can do against Chancellor's very soon. And I'll tell you one thing, Chancellor's QB is the best in the East, and Chancellor's pace is just as fast as Dinwiddie's and Monacan's, and they also make you cover 4 guys and defend the run. The game was 42-35 Chancellor last year.

Last edited:
Great point. Now you are cooking with peanut oil. Good, bad, or indifferent all teams have weaknesses. There is no way to know who can do what ubtil the games are played; however, KG gave up 450 yards to you guys. They will struggle in the playoffs if they cannot defend. Yes, Louisa has a sound offense, but so do numerous other teams.

It seems like it, but no, because Louisa's hurry up offense did a good job of wearing down KG's defense dramatically, which is part of the reason that defensive tackle left the game in the first place. Louisa still had over 450 yards of offense, after all. But KG won't play against a running game that good unless they rematch Louisa.
How do you know they won't play against a running team like that? You can't base all that off of just Louisa. It also sounds to me like you are implying kg would of won. What if those players didn't get hurt? It possibly could have went kg's way.

Last edited:
Maybe in pods 19-20, but down here no one is backing away from that challenge. Lost in the sauce in that Heritage loss is the fact we still are the 2x defending region champs. If Louisa gets the 1 seed and say we get the 1 seed and with some tough matchups along the way that game happens in Norfolk not Dinwiddie even if Dinwiddie has a higher power rating as it goes by seeding. If Dinwiddie is the best team out there who wouldn't want to prove themselves against the best? Saying no team wants to see Dinwiddie is funny..They put their pants on like everyone else does.

Ok back to the coach speak....Still a lot of football left to be played.
Yes in that pod.

How do you know they won't play against a running team like that? You can't base all that off of just Louisa. It also sounds to me like you are implying kg would of one. What if those players didn't get hurt? It possibly could have went kg's way.
You're right, it's just KG's defense got noticeably gassed as a whole, but I'm not sure it would happen against other run-first teams except maybe LT. Check your inbox.

Last edited:
You're right, it's just KG's defense got noticeably gassed as a whole, but I'm not sure it would happen against other run-first teams except maybe LT's. Check your inbox.
Got it I'll respond more in depth later

You said:
You said you weren't talking about Louisa, but you seem to say Monacan's and Dinwiddie's pace is "even quicker" than Louisa's, so I corrected that point. Well I gave both sides of KG. Every team has weaknesses. @BleedingNavy so strictly based on offensive pace and skill players alone, do you think Monacan and Dinwiddie both have better offensive skill players than Chancellor's? Because we'll find out what KG can do against Chancellor's very soon. And I'll tell you one thing, Chancellor's QB is the best in the East, and Chancellor's pace is just as fast as Dinwiddie's and Monacan's, and they also make you cover 4 guys and defend the run. The game was 42-35 Chancellor last year.

I think Monacan is waaay better than Chancellor... didn't they lose to James River who Monacan blew off the field. They didn't even belong on the field with the Chiefs! Like I have said before I admittingly don't know alot about some of those teams but I'll take the richmond area teams and competition over the other areas. Chancellor is not in the same league as Dinwiddie. Thats just silly! Who is Lousia's best win? Powatan? Powahtan had to scramble to beat Hopewell. Dinwiddie blew them out of the staduim... So any of those teams even play any 5A or 6A schools? I guess for me I want to see a teams best win and worst loss... with that being said If your undefeated then your undefeated. I would have it in the central dinwiddie, lousia, then any other undefeated team followed by monacan as the best 1 loss team

@mbonape1 you missed the most important line in my post you quoted, "strictly based on offensive pace and skill players alone". No, Louisa's best win is most definitely NOT Powhatan.

@mbonape1 you missed the most important line in my post you quoted, "strictly based on offensive pace and skill players alone". No, Louisa's best win is most definitely NOT Powhatan.

Ok I hear you. Who is Louisa best win then? I have no prob with Louisa being number 2. If your undefeated then your undefeated. I would take Dinwiddie's best win over Dale as the tie breaker for my personal ranking. Is there any other undefeateds in the central region in 4A? Is eastern view undefeated and if so who is there best win?

You said:
I'm not buying Chancellor's QB is the best in the east....he's one of the best athletes for sure. If you put pressure on him, good luck tackling him, but his accuracy is not good on the run. He basically throws it up and hopes the tall kid can get it. Good DB's can handle them. I don't see him being a really good QB in college. I think he would be much better at a different position.

Ok I hear you. Who is Louisa best win then? I have no prob with Louisa being number 2. If your undefeated then your undefeated. I would take Dinwiddie's best win over Dale as the tie breaker for my personal ranking. Is there any other undefeateds in the central region in 4A? Is eastern view undefeated and if so who is there best win?
I consider Louisa's best wins to be King George, Sherando, Albemarle, then Powhatan, in that order. Eastern View's best win is Sherando.

I'm not buying Chancellor's QB is the best in the east....he's one of the best athletes for sure. If you put pressure on him, good luck tackling him, but his accuracy is not good on the run. He basically throws it up and hopes the tall kid can get it. Good DB's can handle them. I don't see him being a really good QB in college. I think he would be much better at a different position.
Trust me, there aren't many good QBs in the East. I consider Chancellor's the best, then Hanover's, then Monacan's but they're different types of QBs. Then it's everyone else.

In the east I would say here is my top 10.

Dinwiddie
Laf
Louisa
LT
Monacan
Heritage NN
Eastern View
KG
Powhatan
Chancellor

Let's see, Bryce Witt is not nearly as good as the QB's you've listed? 1176 yards passing, 66% completion rate, 187 yards per game, 12 passing touchdowns, 19 yards per completion, and a QB rating of 139? Oh yeah, maybe that's because he threw 2 interceptions already this season. One of which was a meaningless tipped pass, after being chased out of the pocket at Matoaca, (we were up by 35 at the time). Maybe his numbers are so bad because he has hardly played more than a half a game this year. Gee, I sure wish we had a good QB like those other teams. Maybe we would be 6-0 instead.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
ADVERTISEMENT