3. Highland Springs
4. Dinwiddie
5. Phoebus
6. Oscar Smith
7. LC Bird
8. LCA
9. James Madison
10. Huguenot
Love this list, only thing Inwould say is not sure if I would have Bird that high yet but I have no suggestion of who to replace them with.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Love this list, only thing Inwould say is not sure if I would have Bird that high yet but I have no suggestion of who to replace them with.
Bold statement to have them that high but I believe they’re back bro. Got an absolute elite QB, elite RB, athletes to get out in space and Tony Nicely has the defense looking like the Bird of old.

1. Maury
2. Hayfield
3. Highland Springs
4. Dinwiddie
5. Phoebus
6. Oscar Smith
7. LC Bird
8. LCA
9. James Madison
10. Huguenot
Just for blanks and giggles why would you put Dinwiddie before Phoebus? They got new talent? Phoebus returns like 16/22 starters from last year’s team and this set of kids has been playing with or against each other for close to 10 years now

Just for blanks and giggles why would you put Dinwiddie before Phoebus? They got new talent? Phoebus returns like 16/22 starters from last year’s team and this set of kids has been playing with or against each other for close to 10 years now
My reasoning was Dinwiddie played last week and Phoebus didn’t. I’d have Huguenot over Bird and LCA but same thing!

You could say that for a lot of programs. Dinwiddie returned 17 and have been playing with each other the same amount of time. The rankings are just people’s opinions at the time the only that that matters is the game when it’s played rankings get thrown out an anybody can beat anybody

You could say that for a lot of programs. Dinwiddie returned 17 and have been playing with each other the same amount of time. The rankings are just people’s opinions at the time the only that that matters is the game when it’s played rankings get thrown out an anybody can beat anybody
Definitely not the same. We return starters from a state title team. I saw Dinwiddie film from last game no way they’re better than Phoebus….thats why I asked. But nothing but respect to Coach Mills and the program.

Definitely not the same. We return starters from a state title team. I saw Dinwiddie film from last game no way they’re better than Phoebus….thats why I asked. But nothing but respect to Coach Mills and the program.
It’s week one man lol we’ll cross that bridge if we get there no one is expected to be world beaters week one if they are hand them the title now

It’s week one man lol we’ll cross that bridge if we get there no one is expected to be world beaters week one if they are hand them the title now
Now you all know there is no world in which Phoebus aren't the Lords of Virginia football. Let's all bow down to Phoebus and not say anything good about Dinwiddie, the team with the best player in the whole state.

Harry Dalton and then Jeff Overton without question. Harry Dalton is “HIM”.
Agree 1000%. Put the recruiting rankings to the side Dalton and Overton are on another level than other players (specifically running backs). No way Dalton only #32 HB and Overton only #46 HB if Gideon is #3. The top 3 offensive players in the state this year to me are 1. Dalton 2. Overton 3. Messiah Delhomme from Warwick (injured for season)

Btw i use on3 industry rankings to get the rankings.

Agree 1000%. Put the recruiting rankings to the side Dalton and Overton are on another level than other players (specifically running backs). No way Dalton only #32 HB and Overton only #46 HB if Gideon is #3. The top 3 offensive players in the state this year to me are 1. Dalton 2. Overton 3. Messiah Delhomme from Warwick (injured for season)

Btw i use on3 industry rankings to get the rankings.
No disrespect to the young man at LCA. He’s a really good player and I’m very much in support for players back home. I think Deion said it best a while back. If you have the resources and right people in your corner, any good player can be a 5 star with 1 call. Davidson is definitely deserving of his accolades. No “buts” cause that kid is a hell of a player and I don’t want to take anything away from him BUT to Prime’s point. Dalton and Overton are dogs man.

Reactions: General172011
Not an LCA fan here. Not suggesting Dalton and Oberon are anything other than dogs. Gideon is a dog too. He may be a game 1 starter at Clemson. There’s a reason LCA beat a great Salem team last year - that’s Gideon. As a Jr. You know — the Salem team that played Phoebus to a tie until one blown coverage in the final seconds.

Maybe you all are right though. Looking forward to the Maury-Dinwiddie outcome.

Not an LCA fan here. Not suggesting Dalton and Oberon are anything other than dogs. Gideon is a dog too. He may be a game 1 starter at Clemson. There’s a reason LCA beat a great Salem team last year - that’s Gideon. As a Jr. You know — the Salem team that played Phoebus to a tie until one blown coverage in the final seconds.

Maybe you all are right though. Looking forward to the Maury-Dinwiddie outcome.
I hope you’re right and he does become a day 1 starter at Clemson. They could use him now.

Just to put things into prospective.. Overton almost single-handedly beat Highland Springs last year. Dalton ran through C4 as a sophomore. Dinwiddie was the #1 offense in the entire state that year over that Freedom and Highland Springs team that both won state championships. If that’s the only example of why Davidson is the best then there’s those two guys resumes.

I hope you’re right and he does become a day 1 starter at Clemson. They could use him now.

Just to put things into prospective.. Overton almost single-handedly beat Highland Springs last year. Dalton ran through C4 as a sophomore. Dinwiddie was the #1 offense in the entire state that year over that Freedom and Highland Springs team that both won state championships. If that’s the only example of why Davidson is the best then there’s those two guys resumes.
I know Davidson is judged by what he does at RB, but he does so much more. He's a leader on defense and special teams as well. He kept Peyton Lewis in check from breaking any long runs on offense or special teams. Davidson has a motor. He doesn't leave the field and he doesn't take plays off. I don't think I've seen a better example of high energy and endurance. He's definitely a Dawg. IDK if he's the best in the state, but he's in the conversation.

All 3 of these senior RB’s are elite and by far the most valuable players on their teams. I’ll pose a different question. Has the state ever had a trio of backs this elite from the same class?

Reactions: BleedingNavy

Maybe you all are right though. Looking forward to the Maury-Dinwiddie outcome.Virginia
There is no way to accurately project who the best player in the State of Virginia is. Its all how one sees things. All three of the noted players are darn good players and I for one wish them all well. As @mike salem said Gideon can do it all and Dalton played on both sides of the ball last year as well. Personally, I am glad I have gotten to see each of these special players. @BruiserZ, as far as Maury vs. Dinwiddie goes I don't think it takes a rocket science to figure out who will win. Maury may very well be the best team in the state of Virginia and is a heavy favorite. I will say, Dalton held his own against the Commodores last year. Win or lose it will prepare the Generals for the tough schedule that lies ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT