ADVERTISEMENT

NARROWS @ GALAX

MT FAN 91

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 19, 2013
I think most would agree that Galax should win this game with ease. They hung 75 on Narrows the first go around with freshman playing a lot of the game and doing a lot the scoring. The kids form Narrows will remember that game and that will either motivate them to come play or just mail it in. I think they come to play and maybe even have a better showing this time around but I think Galax will be way to much for them. But the first game is done and over with and the game still has to be played and anything can happen.

I'm not sure the exact number but Galax is not a big school numbers wise.

vhsl reference has them at like 380 in 2011 and 2012 -- 394 for 2013 and 2014
but then 273 for 2015....

seemed odd *shrugs*

I was thinking closer to 380 but I might be wrong. Could be a misprint because I don't think their numbers would have dropped that much

HS starts in 8th grade at Galax. I could be wrong but maybe they have counted 8th grade before? I graduated with between 60-70 in my class in the 2000's..so 380 seems way high.

When I graduated from Galax we had over 100 if I remember right and they acted like it was a huge class. I'm not sure how many they average now. I would think 273 is a little low but that's just a guess, somebody told me they only had to count 9-12 but I don't know if that is accurate.

Just some interesting numbers. Elementary has 500 plus in k-4
HS has about 400 8th-12th

They have dropped in recent years though. I don't think that much, but it has gone down. I've always thought of them like Radford. They just seem like a much bigger school. I mean that as a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT