ADVERTISEMENT

National signing day

Dec 1, 2017
First I would like to congratulate all those student athletes moving on to the next level. No matter which classification they are going to each one of these athletes should be applauded for there years of hard work and dedication. On this thread I would like to see posters post were there student athletes are going to attend college so that we can keep up with there future plans. Feel free to sharepictures, stories and videos. Again lets celebrate their accomplishments, be respectful of them and their high school.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I BIG SHOUT OUT to all of the athletes who have opted to continue their football and academic careers. Especially proud of all of the Class 4 athletes especially Region B. Viewing Twitter it looks like EV, Louisa, Monacan and Dinwiddie did very well and as a fan I feel very fortunate to have watched all these special athletes do their thing on the gridiron. I will not steal the thunder from the supporters of these schools (culpgrad86, Hoos, and mbonape1), but will provide a list of my beloved Generals. Best wishes to all.

K'Vaughan Pope lb - Ohio State
Todd Anspach k - Chowan
Zyan Sturdivant rb - Shepherd
Joseph Tyree lb - Shepherd
Omar Tyson de - UVA-Wise
Blake Williams de/ss- Emory and Henry
Shamon Gholson T - Virginia State

Since nobody reads the 5a board I’ll post for my Varina Blue Devils.
Justin Sowell- Averett
R.J. Coles- Norfolk State
Andy Mathews- Hampton
Jaivion Walker- Newport News Apprentice School
Jeremiah Rhoades- Newport News Apprentice School
Congrats to all of the young men furthering their education, playing the sport that they love.

Tons of talent at Varina. I personally think Coach Stu could do a better job of selling his talent. There are some D1 players on his roster.

Reactions: 97Srhs24095
Tons of talent at Varina. I personally think Coach Stu could do a better job of selling his talent. There are some D1 players on his roster.
We have a couple of 10th graders that will play for some big time programs. Highland Springs get a lot of love (rightfully so with 3 straight titles), but Varina is gaining ground talent wise.

I’m sure many kids will say the same thing. The 434 and 540 areas are grossly under recruited. There is a ton of talent in the Lynchburg and Roanoke area that are not getting the opportunities they should.
Don't know the environment there but I would tend to blame that on the coaches. It's a lot of work, but they're the ones that have to create "traffic" at their schools. If the college coaches are paying visits...then that's another story.

Salem player's plans for next year so far:

Luke Owen- CB/PR/RB Virginia Tech PWO

Viante Tucker- WR/CB will prep at FUMA
Congratulations to all the Salem Athletes furthering their education and athletic careers at the next level. It is awesome to see all these kids grow and mature right in front of us isn't it?
Salem's kicker Craft from what I understand will reclassify to sign in January 2019 after a prep semester in Buffalo. He has several FBS schools interested in offering him once he does a little better with the grades. He has 3 D2 scholarship offers but has decided he wants to be a D1 kicker and is willing to put in the extra work to get there. Certainly has the skill level and leg to make it D1 IMO so it will be exciting to see where that leads him. Many an athlete has been successful going that route so I commend him on the decision to stick it out and follow his dream. Good luck to them all!!

Congratulations to all the Salem Athletes furthering their education and athletic careers at the next level. It is awesome to see all these kids grow and mature right in front of us isn't it?
Salem's kicker Craft from what I understand will reclassify to sign in January 2019 after a prep semester in Buffalo. He has several FBS schools interested in offering him once he does a little better with the grades. He has 3 D2 scholarship offers but has decided he wants to be a D1 kicker and is willing to put in the extra work to get there. Certainly has the skill level and leg to make it D1 IMO so it will be exciting to see where that leads him. Many an athlete has been successful going that route so I commend him on the decision to stick it out and follow his dream. Good luck to them all!!
Good for him! Takes a lot of character to go that route so definitely to be commended. Certainly agree, he’s a D1 talent.

Don't know the environment there but I would tend to blame that on the coaches. It's a lot of work, but they're the ones that have to create "traffic" at their schools. If the college coaches are paying visits...then that's another story.
Agree to some extent but, recruiting is not all about the HS coaches. Yes, they can promote their kids better than some do. The kids and parents can do some things to help as well. With Hudl, email and social media, you can reach 100s of coaches hoping that some will pay attention to the player and his teammates. Either the coach can do it, or the kid and his parents can. Have to be proactive, the old saying of “just play on Friday nights and you will get noticed” is rarely true in a lot of areas.

Reactions: 97Srhs24095
Congrats to those guys. Glad to see Hunter get an opportunity. I get the size thing, but he will make things happen if given the opportunity. Best group of talent to come out of Class 4 in a while. Hope the trend continues as it makes for great football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT