ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA question

NNDman

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
although I think it might be relevant to all levels. In tonight's Alcorn St-Arkansas-Pine Bluff game. On a kickoff APB did a pooch kick towards its sideline that traveled about 15 yards in the air before it was caught and taken out of bounds by a APB player. I thought the ball had to strike the ground before the receiving team could make a recovery on a kickoff. Right or wrong?

Right. I know for years in the CFL it didn't matter if the ball hit the ground first or not. I thought it had to first hit the ground before the kicking team can recover it.

In NCAA the ball can be caught by the kicking team if there is no player in position to catch the ball. I looked up this play on youtube and, even though there is a player in the area, he was making no attempt to field the ball. Didn't look like he even knew the ball was there.

In high school, that's a flag all day.

In NCAA the ball can be caught by the kicking team if there is no player in position to catch the ball. I looked up this play on youtube and, even though there is a player in the area, he was making no attempt to field the ball. Didn't look like he even knew the ball was there.

In high school, that's a flag all day.
But not on a punt in HS, correct?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT