ADVERTISEMENT

Nelson at Riverheads

Sep 30, 2011
I will have live score updates on twitter tonight: @RiverheadsFan

Looking forward to the match up. If I remember correctly, Nelson has a very tall girl dominating their front line. Any other details about the match up?

Look at the volleyball post. Nice
Nelson was very tall and consistently had power up front. Riverheads did not back off and took Nelson down in the first 2 games. The tone was set early as the Gladiator blocked an early hit and seemed to let Nelson know that no one was scared. Nelson was able to pull off in the third game and took all the momentum. But in the 4th game, RHS jumped out to a lead and was able to hold on and get the win.
Carly Casto had many kills, as did Katie Coffey. Solid play out of Ally Casto, Morgan Lotts and Sarah Arbaugh made the win possible. No one backed down from the powerful spikes that Nelson's #11 provided.
Great win. Chance for a Regional Championship, and are state bound either way.

Congrats ladies and shame on me. I stayed at home tonight to watch football on TV just based on my memory of last year and how easily Nelson had handled our girls. (They were the defending state champs, weren't they?) So I assumed that we wouldn't be able to handle them this year either.

I am pretty sure this state trip will be the first for the RHS girls. Now they need to capture the regional title so they can get to host a state playoff game, assuming that it works the same way basketball does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT