ADVERTISEMENT

New Kent Football Coach Arrested for Assault in Locker Room

I feel very confident that this coach will be cleared of this charge. Otherwise it wouldn't have taken a month to come to light.
He was arrested today so I would think that they had gathered enough evidence to bring charges. I hope this turns out to not be true, or at least extremely exaggerated.

This is silly. He pushed a player before a game???? A misdemeanor assault charge? In my day a lot more happened with face masks, etc. and no one gave it a thought. With this who needs to be a coach with all the babies out there?

This is silly. He pushed a player before a game???? A misdemeanor assault charge? In my day a lot more happened with face masks, etc. and no one gave it a thought. With this who needs to be a coach with all the babies out there?
I’m not surprised with anything these days. Adults (the parents in this case) are just as bad as the kids. Though there are some great kids in the world, there are enough bad for me be scared for the future.

What a complete joke our society has become.

I do not have all the details but from what I have read or heard, it sounds like Coach Fulks had worked hard to turn this program around it.

Then this rather small issue happened before a big football game (a month ago!) when you have to get the players fired up before a game and focused on the job at hand.

There are a million details the coaches have to take of and the stress can be overwhelming.

He touched a football player who was acting like a fool before a game?

Some idiot players are acting like jerks. Coach Fulks tried to instill some badly needed disciple and break up a fight, is passionate about the kids and program, and barely touches a kid. I am told the kid is a constant trouble maker and made foolish and disrespectful comments to adults. (word among teenagers in the Northern Neck is this was a bad behaving kid and is always causing problems and disrespectful.) I do not know if that is true or not.

Still the coach knew that he should not have pushed him out of the way. Coach does the right thing and calls the parents and apologizes (before a big game!).

I heard the kid played almost the whole game! Later, the parents want some attention and maybe (probably) think they can sue to get some easy cash.

Did the top administration not back their employee? Are they just worried about themselves? Cowards!

Everyone says that Coach Fulks is a good Christian man from a loving family who has taken his players to Church in an attempt to help them better themselves and show them love, fed them when hungry, and helped his kids get jobs etc. when he can.

Even if he made a big mistake, he owned up to it and it may have cost him his job and the other kids a strong, caring mentor.

No wonder the low paying teaching and coaching profession keeps losing good people by the thousands each year. How sad for us all....how sad for society.

Everyone says that Coach Fulks is a good Christian man from a loving family who has taken his players to Church in an attempt to help them better themselves and show them love, fed them when hungry, and helped his kids get jobs etc. when he can.

Even if he made a big mistake, he owned up to it and it may have cost him his job and the other kids a strong, caring mentor.

No wonder the low paying teaching and coaching profession keeps losing good people by the thousands each year. How sad for us all....how sad for society.
Agreed!!! Coach Fulks used to coach me way back in the day and he is nothing but a great
Man. Always was a mentor and him and his family including his dad made a huge impact on my life . Will never forget those days when he was my coach .

PCl7CXUr

Football coach found guilty of assaulting player in locker room
https://www.nbc12.com/2020/02/06/football-coach-found-guilty-assaulting-player-locker-room/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_NBC12

What giant load of BS. A good, good man's reputation impugned by a non-incident. I hope the school system has the good sense to stick by their coach. They have a good guy and if they let him go then they deserve whatever they get. I hope the appellate court does the right thing.

We would all be lucky to have John Fulks coach our sons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT