New Kent Football Coach Arrested for Assault in Locker Room

Discussion in 'Class 3A (Fall)' started by FoxesPride, Dec 4, 2019.

1. FoxesPride

FoxesPride VaPreps Rookie
    Expand Collapse

2. DukeNation804

Expand Collapse

Wow... I would definitely like to hear the full story on this and what transpired

3. bulldog1150

bulldog1150 VaPreps Varsity
    Expand Collapse

I feel very confident that this coach will be cleared of this charge. Otherwise it wouldn't have taken a month to come to light.

uvacavs1 and DukeNation804 like this.
  4. FoxesPride

FoxesPride VaPreps Rookie
    Expand Collapse

He was arrested today so I would think that they had gathered enough evidence to bring charges. I hope this turns out to not be true, or at least extremely exaggerated.

5. EPJr

EPJr VaPreps All District
    Expand Collapse

6. DukeNation804

Expand Collapse

It’s saying he was not arrested, and he allegedly pushed the player

7. Lafayette

Lafayette VaPreps All District
    Expand Collapse

This is silly. He pushed a player before a game???? A misdemeanor assault charge? In my day a lot more happened with face masks, etc. and no one gave it a thought. With this who needs to be a coach with all the babies out there?

uvacavs1 and Rev_Real like this.
  8. iDidntGetBanned

iDidntGetBanned VaPreps Rookie
    Expand Collapse

I’m not surprised with anything these days. Adults (the parents in this case) are just as bad as the kids. Though there are some great kids in the world, there are enough bad for me be scared for the future.

uvacavs1 likes this.
  9. DukeNation804

Expand Collapse

Says he was breaking up a fight

10. uvacavs1

uvacavs1 VaPreps All District
    Expand Collapse

What a complete joke our society has become.

I do not have all the details but from what I have read or heard, it sounds like Coach Fulks had worked hard to turn this program around it.

Then this rather small issue happened before a big football game (a month ago!) when you have to get the players fired up before a game and focused on the job at hand.

There are a million details the coaches have to take of and the stress can be overwhelming.

DukeNation804 and Senex like this.
  11. uvacavs1

Expand Collapse

He touched a football player who was acting like a fool before a game?

Some idiot players are acting like jerks. Coach Fulks tried to instill some badly needed disciple and break up a fight, is passionate about the kids and program, and barely touches a kid. I am told the kid is a constant trouble maker and made foolish and disrespectful comments to adults. (word among teenagers in the Northern Neck is this was a bad behaving kid and is always causing problems and disrespectful.) I do not know if that is true or not.

Still the coach knew that he should not have pushed him out of the way. Coach does the right thing and calls the parents and apologizes (before a big game!).

I heard the kid played almost the whole game! Later, the parents want some attention and maybe (probably) think they can sue to get some easy cash.

Did the top administration not back their employee? Are they just worried about themselves? Cowards!

12. uvacavs1

Expand Collapse

Everyone says that Coach Fulks is a good Christian man from a loving family who has taken his players to Church in an attempt to help them better themselves and show them love, fed them when hungry, and helped his kids get jobs etc. when he can.

Even if he made a big mistake, he owned up to it and it may have cost him his job and the other kids a strong, caring mentor.

No wonder the low paying teaching and coaching profession keeps losing good people by the thousands each year. How sad for us all....how sad for society.

DukeNation804 and Senex like this.
  13. DukeNation804

Expand Collapse

Agreed!!! Coach Fulks used to coach me way back in the day and he is nothing but a great
    Man. Always was a mentor and him and his family including his dad made a huge impact on my life . Will never forget those days when he was my coach .

croakerfishin and uvacavs1 like this.