ADVERTISEMENT

New School name recommendations in Hanover County:-

Yes, that is what the board has decided. The night of the school board meeting which I listened to virtually, the board mentioned those two names and seemed to be targeting those names. I personally do not believe they even gave any other names a look. Mechanicsville makes sense as it covers the area/town as a whole. The student body will select the mascot but I've already said Mechanicsville Mustangs has a nice ring to it. I think the only other Mustangs in the state is Monticello.

3 schools in Virginia currently use Mustangs: Monticello, Eastern Montgomery, & George Mason. Two schools- Menchville and Meadowbrook - uses Monarchs. Only Liberty-Bedford uses the nickname Minutemen in Virginia.
The Marauders also is a good nickname (similar to Raider or Pirate).

Reactions: WP02alum
don't Green Run already use it?
20190328215824_89_mascotOrig.png
Appomattox County ran into that issue after University of Arizona took them to court over the Block "A". Honestly, I like their new logo better than the old one!

3 schools in Virginia currently use Mustangs: Monticello, Eastern Montgomery, & George Mason. Two schools- Menchville and Meadowbrook - uses Monarchs. Only Liberty-Bedford uses the nickname Minutemen in Virginia.
The Marauders also is a good nickname (similar to Raider or Pirate).

Marauders is starting to grow on me.

Considering Atlee, one of Mechanicsville's rivals are the Raiders, it could bring a new dimension to the rivalry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT