ADVERTISEMENT

NFHS- My Sincere Apologies!!!!!!!!!!

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I am terribly sorry if anyone followed my suggestion to watch this game and/or the Grundy/Auburn game on the NFHS website. I tuned in each one about 7:45 and they are the damnedest mess I have ever seen. I kid you not.........when I first tuned in to the JM/ER game, the graphic on the screen said that JM was leading 87-28 with 5 minutes left in the third quarter!!!!!

Well I am not there so how was I supposed to know any better and after all, JM IS supposed to be pretty good. But then the score started dancing around and the time started showing all kinds of weird crap. For example, have you ever seen a basketball game with 2:88 or 1:64 left to play? And the score............it changes periodically but never to anything that actually happens on the floor. In some cases, somebody scores a basket and on the screen it actually takes points OFF.

The Grundy game is almost as bad. It keeps freezing up on me and it shows NO score at all. Once in a great while, you can catch a glimpse of the scoreboard but that is your only indication. Oh and neither game has any play by play announcers.

So believe me if I had any idea these broadcasts would be this bad, I would have never mentioned them today. Here shortly I will tune in to Cave Spring/Central, and see if it is any better.

I am terribly sorry if anyone followed my suggestion to watch this game and/or the Grundy/Auburn game on the NFHS website. I tuned in each one about 7:45 and they are the damnedest mess I have ever seen. I kid you not.........when I first tuned in to the JM/ER game, the graphic on the screen said that JM was leading 87-28 with 5 minutes left in the third quarter!!!!!

Well I am not there so how was I supposed to know any better and after all, JM IS supposed to be pretty good. But then the score started dancing around and the time started showing all kinds of weird crap. For example, have you ever seen a basketball game with 2:88 or 1:64 left to play? And the score............it changes periodically but never to anything that actually happens on the floor. In some cases, somebody scores a basket and on the screen it actually takes points OFF.

The Grundy game is almost as bad. It keeps freezing up on me and it shows NO score at all. Once in a great while, you can catch a glimpse of the scoreboard but that is your only indication. Oh and neither game has any play by play announcers.

So believe me if I had any idea these broadcasts would be this bad, I would have never mentioned them today. Here shortly I will tune in to Cave Spring/Central, and see if it is any better.

just be forewarned about this game - the game view is from the far end of the court

but at least the time /score is correct

I share your anguish however with the other games

The GW/ Kings Fork game was real good. Play by play announcers and clock and scoreboard was kept on track

A lot of the broadcasts on the NFHS Network site are "automated production" (https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/pixellot), with a motion-sensing camera and a device that is supposed to hook up to the scoreboard for the score/time, no humans necessary. I have seen many games this year where the score/time has the same issue. Hopefully the technology will improve in the future but the alternative for a lot of these games is that they wouldn't be streamed at all.

Matthew and his crew did a really good job on the games from Norfolk.

I hope the state championship games don't have any issues this year. Last year the audio didn't work for any of the 8 games on Friday and Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT