ADVERTISEMENT

News Nic Mace Steps Down at Ocean Lakes

matthew328826

Publisher of VirginiaPreps.com (Rivals Network)
Staff
Jul 20, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
matthewhatfield.com
1788624.jpg

Nic Mace
confirmed to VirginiaPreps.com on Tuesday that he has stepped down as the Head Boys Basketball Coach at Ocean Lakes High School in Virginia Beach.

"It was a very difficult decision, but I have accepted another job that will provide a better opportunity for my family," said Mace, now moving into a Civil Service position at NAS Oceana.

"There is a chance that I will stay with the new program in an assistant coaching capacity, but ultimately trying to meet the rigors and demands of leading a varsity basketball program while working out of the building would have made it very difficult to spend time with my wife and kids. I still have a great relationship with Ocean Lakes and am extremely grateful for everything they've done for me."

Mace, who turned 28 back on March 24th, came to Virginia from Bloomfield, Missouri. He attended Old Dominion University.

The Dolphins went 12-30 overall in two seasons under Mace with a 7-17 mark in Coastal Conference 1 play. The 2015-16 squad, led by Averett University commit Vince Contreras and returning starter Matt Campbell in the backcourt. They won their regular season finale, 61-59 over Tallwood.

Ocean Lakes hasn't had a winning season since finishing 15-9 in 2009-10 under Mike Head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT