ADVERTISEMENT

No football for 2020

Too many restrictions just to have an off season workout session without contact. Nearly impossible to come up with an approved plan for an actual practice or game.

Too many restrictions just to have an off season workout session without contact. Nearly impossible to come up with an approved plan for an actual practice or game.
Yep thats what the coaches I talked to said, even if the VHSL approves the governors proposed restrictions of 10 people per bus and classroom with masks and desks six feet apart no way they will allow contact sports.

Reactions: aw19752
I have talked to several coaches and they say there will be no football this year in their opinion. Nothing official.
I hope u are wrong, but u are probably right, rhs could make a lot of history this year, I am making the 2000 season onto dvd and selling them, might be the only football we will have, 2000 season has the first playoff win and first of there titles, GO BIG RED

I will wait for the official word on this but to my way of thinking, if they decide that football in the fall is 100% out of the question, instead of canceling it for the entire year, it would make sense to try the season-switching idea and play baseball in the fall, so we would have at least SOME sport to watch. They could still then cling to the hope that the virus would be under control enough to play football in the spring. I would not see the logic of making a decision in June of 2020 that football will be absolutely impossible until August of 2021 or later. That would seem like a very extreme decision to me.

If they don't have football in the Fall, I doubt you see it until 2021. I also doubt there will be any sports this year if that happens. Baseball and Football switch is not an easy fix. Spring sports also include track and soccer. Smaller schools probably won't be able to field teams. A proven vaccine available by January is the only hope for Spring sports if they shut down Fall sports.

I did read today that Fauci hopes for a vaccine either later this year or early next. Not sure how long it would take to get it out to the masses and get us all back to normal.

NFL cancelled the Hall of Fame game on Aug 8. the NBA is also considering stoppage, This Virus is not backing down unfortunately

We started travel basketball drills this past week. Will have our third practice Monday or Tuesday. A little aggravating. I was talking to a doctor the other day and he was giving me some numbers on antibody testing. If I get a chance will post death rates from cdc and include people testing positive with antibodies.

We started travel basketball drills this past week. Will have our third practice Monday or Tuesday. A little aggravating. I was talking to a doctor the other day and he was giving me some numbers on antibody testing. If I get a chance will post death rates from cdc and include people testing positive with antibodies.

294 deaths in America, lowest since march 21

I know it would be a very slight, to no chance at all. But could anyone envision club teams popping up for football in the next two months to bypass the public school system? Sort of like how there are club lacrosse teams in the tidewater area. Not sure how that all works. Just trying to think of alternatives here.

I know it would be a very slight, to no chance at all. But could anyone envision club teams popping up for football in the next two months to bypass the public school system? Sort of like how there are club lacrosse teams in the tidewater area. Not sure how that all works. Just trying to think of alternatives here.
Equipment, liability, costs... Not as easy as basketball and baseball.

Reactions: mmqp
Yep, figured chances would be next to zero at best.

I don't see Spring football panning out. I think it will end up being something VHSL throws out there to give people hope and then takes away. Sort of like not canceling Spring sports until May 7th this year.

No way will football will happen this fall , college conferences calling it quits all over the country.

ADVERTISEMENT