ADVERTISEMENT

Nope, don't like it

shauntclair

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
i would like to see the threads like I used to. Can't follow like before. Can't reply like before. They don't flow at all, like before. Can't pick and choose anything. Flow is gone.

Now tonight, I posted a reply I wanted to renege after reading it. I never hit the "post" button. I used to be able to simply "go back" and it would be gone. This system posted it. I had to scramble to get it off as quickly as possible. Not happy at all.

I've liked the additional news and appreciate the work involved. The innovation thought is commendable. The user testing could not have been more than minimal. You do not implement new systems this way. But the numbers will tell the story about whether this is a good opinion or not. We won't really know till around November. Hope you guys are right and I am wrong. GL.

Reactions: Coach G - FB
You old fart :eek:, change is almost always a good thing! Rod, is there a you tube tutorial for the old man so he can feel better? Lol

I feel same shauntclair I've gasped it an understand it better after using it for week now. But did enjoy the posted being spread out so it knew which ones in had read. Other than that it like it.

Of course shauntclair wouldn't like this. He's shauntclair. Disregard. This site is finally modern, and most importantly, better.

By the way, there's a "Delete" button now for every post you make, so you don't have to just "edit" it anymore, you can make it disappear, Mr. IT. Also, if you click on a thread that you've already read before but it has new posts, if you wait until the page completely loads it will automatically scroll you to the first post you haven't read. That's sooooo much better than the old way to me.

Last edited:
I am having some trouble adjusting to the new layout, but doing my best to try to "evolve" with the site.

I am mostly on my tablet or Mobil phone and I have the same problem with both. I can get to the forum page with no problem but when I attempt to click on 4a forum it won't do nothing then all of a sudden I click on it it sends me to different prep sites like Arizona, Illinois, or Alabama. Then after numberous times I finally gets on the 4a site. Then when I get there I click on a topic the same thing happens all over again sending me to other prep sites or just do nothing. I can't even click on the help forum. Feeling fustrated

Reactions: Gen54
I have a question , if you are a Rivals paying member, How come when you go to WV , and Maryland rivals they won't let you read the VIP content. I come from a part of the State where Maryland and WV is a big part of our Football life. shouldn't have to pay for each State individually ! seriously? Rod?

I have a question , if you are a Rivals paying member, How come when you go to WV , and Maryland rivals they won't let you read the VIP content. I come from a part of the State where Maryland and WV is a big part of our Football life. shouldn't have to pay for each State individually ! seriously? Rod?

That is the set up and model for the business established by Rivals. The only product that each site owns solely for themselves is that VIP content.

A subscription through any site gets you all the articles but I don't think that there would be any way to split up all the money to each site if you could read them all and, more importantly, no college site wants guys from their rival schools coming into their threads and destroying all the reasonable talk threads.

Of course shauntclair wouldn't like this. He's shauntclair. Disregard. This site is finally modern, and most importantly, better.

By the way, there's a "Delete" button now for every post you make, so you don't have to just "edit" it anymore, you can make it disappear, Mr. IT. Also, if you click on a thread that you've already read before but it has new posts, if you wait until the page completely loads it will automatically scroll you to the first post you haven't read. That's sooooo much better than the old way to me.

Due respect. Some fly's just won't remain swatted but I'm used to this. They keep coming. They keep getting zapped. People hate because of it. So be it.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I am mostly on my tablet or Mobil phone and I have the same problem with both. I can get to the forum page with no problem but when I attempt to click on 4a forum it won't do nothing then all of a sudden I click on it it sends me to different prep sites like Arizona, Illinois, or Alabama. Then after numberous times I finally gets on the 4a site. Then when I get there I click on a topic the same thing happens all over again sending me to other prep sites or just do nothing. I can't even click on the help forum. Feeling fustrated
I am having the same problems when I try to select a forum on my phone. I haven't posted from my phone since the switch due to those issues.

I don't particularly like with the new layout on the forum page. All the different groups used to have their own row that showed which group it was and the person who posted the most recent message along with the time, and now they are grouped a little differently and it just shows what time the last message was posted.

I also found the old way to be more user friendly as you could rotate between thread and topic view fairly easily.

There are definitely some pros to the switch, but right now the couple cons are making the transition a little rough for me. I hope I can get adjusted by the time these boards get rolling in the fall.

Reactions: wikki
Yea it's a issue with the device I'm on my galaxy phone now not had any issues since the change. I also have 2 galaxy tablets one I can read threads other will not let me select forum. Haven't figured it out yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT