ADVERTISEMENT

Northside

Eh, usual peaks and valleys that 99% of programs experience. They were 11-2 and 9-4 in 2018 and 2019, it's not like they've been terrible for years. Their (senior, I think?) QB packed up his bags and magically appeared at PH this season and they're starting a freshman iirc so it's that and just being picked apart for transfers by every school in the valley which, given how Northside rose to prominence under Torrence, is a bit of schadenfreude for some around RoCo I'm sure. They'll be fine in a few years, I suspect.

I know. After Pulaski beat them badly at the beginning of the season, I thought the Cougars were going to make a run at the title. Nope. It turns out Pulaski is just average and Northside is really struggling.

Looks like a coaching change is over due there. Families don’t leave unless they’re unhappy or being treated poorly. Since 2018, there has been a mass exodus in that program. Quality players, starters. My guess is the coaching there made it about themselves and not the kids.

Reactions: oxley70 and Senex
Maybe they should go to double tights and the wishbone, because what they doing now just ain’t working

The current coach is not a teacher at Northside. My observations over the years is that it is very difficult to build a team from the outside. You need to be in the classroom and in the halls during the school day in order to build the relationships you need in order for the athletes to even come out to begin with. I guarantee you Northside has far more athletes walking the halls than most schools.

Reactions: oxley70
Yes I remember going to liberty University and watching northside play in the state championship game years ago I believe Torrance was the head coach he ended up as an assistant at Heritage high school in Lynchburg and now is the head coach at Rustburg high school

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT