ADVERTISEMENT

Northumberland's Player at Tennessee

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
During the Vols' bowl game, the announcers talked about Seldon. They said he came from a very small Tidewater school where he had pretty much done everything. However, they did not mention the name of the school. I looked it up and saw that it was Northumberland.

I am sure he was discussed on here during his high school career, but if so I missed it. How good was he? Did they ever make any playoff noise during his time there or were they always in the shadow of Essex?

Reactions: REDDEVILS00
During the Vols' bowl game, the announcers talked about Seldon. They said he came from a very small Tidewater school where he had pretty much done everything. However, they did not mention the name of the school. I looked it up and saw that it was Northumberland.

I am sure he was discussed on here during his high school career, but if so I missed it. How good was he? Did they ever make any playoff noise during his time there or were they always in the shadow of Essex?
He's a true freshman at Tennessee. He graduated early from Northumberland and enrolled at Tennessee last January. Kid was a stud, but in my opinion Northumberland never used him right. If I had a kid who was 6'2 220 lbs and ran a 4.3 40 and a D1 athlete, I'd have lined him up in the backfield and fed him the ball 25-30 times a game. Instead, they used him mostly at WR and had to rely on someone getting him the ball. They did have one game his sophomore year against King and Queen in the regional semifinals where they ran a single wing offense and snapped it to him and he ran for over 300 yards in a loss. Ironically enough it was King and Queen that knocked them out of the playoffs his last 3 years. He should do well at Tennessee once he begins to get more playing time

Last edited:
Reactions: gwb16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT