ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern District Football!!!

I could see Kettle Run ending up with a better year than last year. They have several skilled underclassmen, and their only losses last year were to the top teams in the region. Their record might be around the same depending on the toughness of their schedule, but I think they could be more of a threat all around this year.

Handley will be good given a few years. Millbrook had their best team ever last year, so they're a program on the rise to watch out for. Region C still has to prove its top teams can play with the big boys down south, but if it's ever going to happen I think it'll have to be this upcoming season.

The top three teams are always in the conversation, but I think this may be Sherando's best chance to return to the Final since 2013. If they can go undefeated and force someone from Region D to travel it obviously increases their chances. Sherando should be able to once again put up big number on the offensive side of the ball, so with a little help from defense which should be improved I see them returning to at least a state semi-final game.

This is how I see this year .
1. Sherando
2. Liberty
3. Millbrook
4. kettle Run
5. Handley
6. Fauquier
7. James Wood
8. The rest , could be anybody.
I will have to put KRun above Liberty this year. Liberty lost a lot of seniors from that starting group last season so this up coming season will have a lot of juniors and sophomores with some seniors added here and there. That’s just the stituation I see right now.

Reactions: hamspear
We weren’t talking about just making the playoffs. And I was talking about having home field for the semi- final game. It means a lot to be at home that game.

Patrick county might when those few games, and lost the others . They might make the playoffs but they ain’t going no where .... what are you talking about lol

Patrick county might when those few games, and lost the others . They might make the playoffs but they ain’t going no where .... what are you talking about lol
My point is.. Don’t matter who you beat getting there.. Gotta win the big one..Something that Sherando and my Danville boys have yet to do.

We are talking about Patrick county lmao
My point is.. Don’t matter who you beat getting there.. Gotta win the big one..Something that Sherando and my Danville boys have yet to do.
i will agree both teams haven’t won the final , but both teams are quality programs . I will take a winning program , that is consistent over Patrick county making the playoffs any day

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
We are talking about Patrick county lmao

i will agree both teams haven’t won the final , but both teams are quality programs . I will take a winning program , that is consistent over Patrick county making the playoffs any day
They both will get a shot this year led by 2 very good QBs. Sherando’s guys have put their time in and took their lumps as underclassman. Very good players in that program. GW is young but has some very good players...Gotta get better in the trenches and work on that horrible secondary. One thing standing in both teams way... Salem. Sherando imo has a sure spot in the semifinal. Both teams got a good whipping to end their year from Salem. Should have a lot of motivation.

I will have to put KRun above Liberty this year. Liberty lost a lot of seniors from that starting group last season so this up coming season will have a lot of juniors and sophomores with some seniors added here and there. That’s just the stituation I see right now.
I wasn’t really sure what Kettle Run had returning this year, but they were very athletic when we played them last year. We have to travel to Them this year so it could be a great game.

I would like to win the final someday, while I am still alive. We have been there many times. If we don’t win it this year, it will be a while before Sherando goes back. I will probably start focusing more on my Golf game and getting ready for the move to retirement then..... time to head south and buy a beach house or something....I am tired of the cold weather.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT