ADVERTISEMENT

Note to all bay rivers fans thinking of going to Dinwiddie

Lafayette

VaPreps All District
Aug 26, 2001
Charter bus leaving from Lafayette HS at 11:00 AM on Saturday - $20- good deal BUT if at least 20 more do not sign up and pay by end of day tomorrow, it will be cancelled!!! Contact Coach Andy Linn or front office! Save yourself a 3 hour RT on your own

Charter bus leaving from Lafayette HS at 11:00 AM on Saturday - $20- good deal BUT if at least 20 more do not sign up and pay by end of day tomorrow, it will be cancelled!!! Contact Coach Andy Linn or front office! Save yourself a 3 hour RT on your own
Lafayette this is a steal! In Danville they usually charge 35$ for a bus trip (and they fill it up within hours) but to be fair we're 4+ hours away from everyone else lol! Safe travels and good luck!

I hope they have to get a couple of buses!
I wish. Last update on Weds was 20 short for 1 bus. When we played Magna Vista in the Final at Liberty they could not get enough of a commitment to fill one bus. Support here is only high when we play one of the in town rivals - Warhill or Jamestown- otherwise it is best described as mediocre to just plain poor. Eastern View had 10 times more fans than Grafton the previous week and 2 hours farther away. Believe me it is a little sad as fine a team we consistently field to see the turnout so low especially compared to others.

If you are still down 1 person, Dinwiddie Proud has my contact info. I will gladly sign up to fill a spot so you guys can take a bus.
Hello, this will be my very first remark on this site. I read it daily and have done so for the entire year. (I love the good humored back and forth). With that said, i will also be willing to pay for a seat if needed in order to make sure the fans that want to come from Lafayette can still do so. I personally will be traveling down from Maryland to attend. I'm looking forward to a very good game! GO GENERALS!!!

Hello, this will be my very first remark on this site. I read it daily and have done so for the entire year. (I love the good humored back and forth). With that said, i will also be willing to pay for a seat if needed in order to make sure the fans that want to come from Lafayette can still do so. I personally will be traveling down from Maryland to attend. I'm looking forward to a very good game! GO GENERALS!!!
If this is something that is needed, just leave a message on this board and I will get info to whoever needs it in order to make payment.

If there's a Lafayette fan who can't afford to make the trip but wants to go, I'll sponsor up to 5. Let me know.

Same with me, Lafayette. If you know of a few folks that would like to catch the bus, and money is holding them back, I'll take care of a ticket or two or three, or whatever.

And by all means, if the bus is about to be cancelled for the want of a couple of ticket sales, I'll help.

lol.... Just to be very clear, I by NO MEANS am suggesting that tickets can not be afforded. I'm just offering to attempt to help fill the bus. I can see this was starting to go in the wrong direction.... Oh boy....

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
lol.... Just to be very clear, I by NO MEANS am suggesting that tickets can not be afforded. I'm just offering to attempt to help fill the bus. I can see this was starting to go in the wrong direction.... Oh boy....
Me neither, I just want people to be able to go if they want to go.

Yeah, me too. Just trying to offer assistance in any way that makes sense. Hell, I would do the same for any school in the state.

Yeah, me too. Just trying to offer assistance in any way that makes sense. Hell, I would do the same for any school in the state.
Thanks to all. With all the kind offers who do I root for now? Well, if we don't make I know who I am!
As of a half hour ago the front office Admin secretary who sold me my admission ticket said the bus trip is on and they got enough people. yeah! Now some fans on the way home to celebrate or commiserate! We leave Lafayette HS at 11:00 am.

Thanks to all. With all the kind offers who do I root for now? Well, if we don't make I know who I am!
As of a half hour ago the front office Admin secretary who sold me my admission ticket said the bus trip is on and they got enough people. yeah! Now some fans on the way home to celebrate or commiserate! We leave Lafayette HS at 11:00 am.
I am hopeful that everyone has a safe trip!!!!!!

You guys are killing me. This has turned into old fart central.

Now, I don't claim to be young but damn. Can't drive at night. Afraid of a 1.5 hour drive. Worried about the "bus". Silly enough to go away for a weekend and not having a room arranged. Thinking you have to have a motel when the game is such a short distance away. Scared of the dark. You guys are like retired Floridians worried about not getting to the early bird special dinner in time.

Do what I do. Get yourself a 22 year old $400 -$500 hooker. A real enthusiastic POA. That will hit your reset button and get you guys back on track. And don't forget the #1 rule here. Money talks but cash screams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lafayette
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT