ADVERTISEMENT

Nottoway 20; Central 19 - FINAL

"No way Nottoway"!!!! An old slogan used by the opponents of Nottoway in the 80s and 90s in the playoffs. You could find this hand crafted sign by the cheerleaders posted on every opponents fence at fieldside back in the day. Years ago in the 80s, I was fortunate enough to watch one of those classic rivalry Central Luneberg Chippy Chappelle teams vs their huge rival Nottoway when both were juggernauts as their levels. Must have been 6-7 thousand people there. Don't know if its a rivalry now, but it used to be huge.

Reactions: pettisg and obguthr
"No way Nottoway"!!!! An old slogan used by the opponents of Nottoway in the 80s and 90s in the playoffs. You could find this hand crafted sign by the cheerleaders posted on every opponents fence at fieldside back in the day. Years ago in the 80s, I was fortunate enough to watch one of those classic rivalry Central Luneberg Chippy Chappelle teams vs their huge rival Nottoway when both were juggernauts as their levels. Must have been 6-7 thousand people there. Don't know if its a rivalry now, but it used to be huge.
Yes they are still our biggest Football rival. Alot has changed but they always play a good game regardless of their records at the time.

I am old school Nottoway, Class of 1982.

Awesome Bigrob. You guys had some incredible football teams all through the 80s and well into the upper 90s. Michael Hawks, I got to know pretty well. My nephew played with him at Tech.He was one bad dude not just at Nottoway, but also at Tech and started on the 99 team.

Reactions: bigrob_419
Awesome Bigrob. You guys had some incredible football teams all through the 80s and well into the upper 90s. Michael Hawks, I got to know pretty well. My nephew played with him at Tech.He was one bad dude not just at Nottoway, but also at Tech and started on the 99 team.
We had very good teams in the 70's and early 80's, but a certain dynasty in Group AA (SouthHampton county) keep us from getting to a few state championships and maybe winning one or 2. Early to mid 80's we battled Tabb and Sussex County them Matoaca came back to Southside district to battle us. The talented families ran out of brothers and cousins as has happened in many rural counties, but our run was great. Brian Edmonds was a great player at Nottoway before going to Tech. And of course our greatest player is Robert Jones (Nottoway/East Carolina/Dallas Cowboys/Miami Dolphins).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT