ADVERTISEMENT

NovaKane8

one man

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
Been looking for your assessment of Woodgrove-Dominion. It was the most shocking score I saw over the week at 40-0. Heard through the grapevine, some things may be going on at Dominion involving player and coach suspensions, I'm not sure I believe it, wondering if you have any insight on that situation as well. Woodgrove appears to be the class of the Dulles, think they may have overlooked John Champe based off last years game and Champe is no slouch either. Woodgrove has been dominant since that loss though. Interesting to see if Heritage or Dominion can pull an upset over Woodgrove or Champe. As of now, all 4 teams are in the top 12 of points. What's the word?

That Dominion/Woodgrove score was also the most surprising to me. I thought Dominion's defense was too good to get crushed like that.

John Champe is the best team in the Dulles. They have final 4 potential. Woodgrove has done very little when you look at it. Solid program, big slow players, and average coaching. Champe has already run by everything accomplished by Woodgrove and that will continue to be the case. Total collapse at Dominion and I have no idea why.

so John Champe beats a big slow team with average coaching by 3 points in a week one game and they have final four potential? Actually wouldn't surprise me from a Loudoun team, but I will wait till I see them beat a fast team with good coaching before I pass judgement

Ummmm Champe is a year 4 school that sees speed week in and week out in Loudoun. Looking at the schedule that remains JC will finish 10-0. JC is big, fast, athletic, and tough and would give Sherando all they want. The 4A measuring stick in Loudoun is not Woodgrove.

Are you a Shernado fan? Do they both play in 4A? You might see them right? Football in the Dulles is a bit better than the NWD?

You still didn't answer the question that's ok, no need to get upset. Sherando hasn't played any Northwestern teams yet but still don't see what Sherando has to do with the question asked about speed.

Point is having seen Sherando and seen John Champe that is not game you want. Guess the question will answer itself in many weeks to come.

Ummmm Champe is a year 4 school that sees speed week in and week out in Loudoun. Looking at the schedule that remains JC will finish 10-0. JC is big, fast, athletic, and tough and would give Sherando all they want. The 4A measuring stick in Loudoun is not Woodgrove.

But the 4A measuring stick in that part of the state is Sherando. No one currently in 4A in NoVa has their history

But the 4A measuring stick in that part of the state is Sherando. No one currently in 4A in NoVa has their history

I wasn't saying anything negative about John Champe, I realize everyone always wants a piece of Sherando , doubt Sherando would be scared of JChampe , played the best around the area for years. I was just asking who has the speed since you said Woodgrove was slow.. Have a good night.

The best around in Loudoun county Sherando has never played. I believe Loudoun County HS was 3-1 against the Warriors a few years back and LC was beaten by Broad Run and Briar Woods ending their championship hopes. Woodgrove is good but JC is better and they proved that. I have no dog in the fight and if JCHS and SHS handle their business things will sort themselves out.

The best around in Loudoun county Sherando has never played. I believe Loudoun County HS was 3-1 against the Warriors a few years back and LC was beaten by Broad Run and Briar Woods ending their championship hopes. Woodgrove is good but JC is better and they proved that. I have no dog in the fight and if JCHS and SHS handle their business things will sort themselves out.

I get what you are saying but I would think that a 20-17 overtime win only proves "better on that night", not "better". It's not like Champe beat Woodgrove 47-0. Might be splitting hairs, but the gap between the two schools is razor thin.

Reactions: hamspear
I don't think I thought JC was 47 point better than Woodgrove. If they played 4 times.....JC wins 3. QB Zach Burdick is a force. Again.....things will reveal themselves in week 11 and after. Just putting it out there so people pay attention to what is going on in South Riding. I wish the best for all teams in Loudoun and in our half of the state including a very accomplished Sherando program with great coaches.

Agenda

John Champe is the best team in the Dulles. They have final 4 potential. Woodgrove has done very little when you look at it. Solid program, big slow players, and average coaching. Champe has already run by everything accomplished by Woodgrove and that will continue to be the case. Total collapse at Dominion and I have no idea why.

Neither team has "accomplished" anything on a state level. Neither has more than 1 playoff win in a season, neither has 10-0 regular season. Champe might change that this year. Champe's OT win over Woodgrove lets me know that neither team is that much better than the other. Can you provide some background on Champe? Standout players, what makes them so good; chemistry? coaches? D1 caliber players? Being that they are new to 4A this year, I have never heard anything about them. I mean that with no disrespect. How do you see the Dulles finishing? Whats the word on Heritage as well?

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Neither team has "accomplished" anything on a state level. Neither has more than 1 playoff win in a season, neither has 10-0 regular season. Champe might change that this year. Champe's OT win over Woodgrove lets me know that neither team is that much better than the other. Can you provide some background on Champe? Standout players, what makes them so good; chemistry? coaches? D1 caliber players? Being that they are new to 4A this year, I have never heard anything about them. I mean that with no disrespect. How do you see the Dulles finishing? Whats the word on Heritage as well?
2 years ago Woodgrove won 2 playoff games, including a road win @ #3 seed Eastern View before their first loss to Salem. They were also Salem's closest game last year before the State Finals. To say that Champe has eclipsed them as a program after 1 OT win I think is a bit presumptuous. Champe is certainly on the upswing and is on track for an undefeated season and District Championship, but it will be interesting to see how these two fare in the playoffs against the more established programs (Salem, Sherando, JF, GW) in the Region.

https://virginiapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1777122

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT