Sherando 58 James Wood 8
Handley 14 Warren County 13
Millbrook 52 Jefferson 13
Kettle Run 70 Manassas Park 0
Liberty 35 Brentsville 0
Fauquier 15 Loudoun County 33
Skyline 13 Central 48
William Monroe 6 Monticello 49

Read in the local papers saying Isaiah Allen did not play. Any idea? Big part of the line on both sides.

Anyone see the new QB Isaac Brown for Millbrook? How did he look?

Just a side note, I saw that Clarke Co. beat Dominion. Big statement for the guy in Berryville.

Allen is recovering from a track injury in the spring. Kevin Doleman will be back this coming Friday from what I understand. Congratulations to Handley for going 1-0, would love to see Handley come back to the old days as a quality team.

Reactions: chocw07
Not sure where you get your information but Allen was not injured during track season.

Welcome to the forum.

Do you happen to know if he'll be able to play this season? I hadn't heard of the injury until this past Friday.

My understanding is that he has not practiced at all to this point but has been involved in team activities. I would guess until he can practice he wont play.

My understanding is that he has not practiced at all to this point but has been involved in team activities. I would guess until he can practice he wont play.
I only know what I been told , if you got more information , then go ahead big boy. He hasn't practiced once since football started , so it either happened during lifting or track in the last several months. And I Do know that to be a fact. Doesn't matter which it was , nice kid, but team has moved on , next man up.

NWD is weak ... it will be a 2-team race between Sherando and Millbrook.

Handley will have a great season if they can get 4 wins.

I agree Verizonsportsfan. I can predict the 4a championship already. Dinwiddie vs Salem....my sleeper team is Louisa. Heard it here first.

What's the outlook like for Handley over the next few years? The NWD is more fun when they're as consistently good as they were not too many years ago.

They should get better , Daniel Morgan middle school brought football back a few years ago. I would think that would improve things for Handley

Is there any district in Virginia that is solely class 4 teams? I am not aware of any, but could be wrong.

The seminole is a mix of 4 and 3's, same with the river ridge. The Battlefield has a few 3's too.

In the Richmond area Dinwiddie is the only class 4 team in the Central. The Dominion has Monacan, Huguenot, and Midlothian. The Capital has PH-Ashland and Hanover.

The Tidewater teams also have a mix in their districts, so how can anyone say who the weakest class 4 district is. I think the Northwest has quality teams, but surely Sherando Liberty and Millwood stand out.

Every district in virginia 4A is weak except the Seminole. What other district besides the Seminole doesn't have a sharp drop off after the top two or three teams?

Not to be a biased hometown sucker, but the Jefferson District is always competitive. Other than Fluvanna, every team is a likely chance for a playoff spot. Louisa, Albemarle, Charlottesville, Western Albemarle, Monticello, Powhatan and Orange.

Blacknight, he said class 4 districts. You have 2 I think. Admittedly your class 4 teams should be playoff teams.

What about Liberty? Did you forget about the 13 team district? Sherando will blowout Millbrook....BTW Verizon sucks!

Not to be a biased hometown sucker, but the Jefferson District is always competitive. Other than Fluvanna, every team is a likely chance for a playoff spot. Louisa, Albemarle, Charlottesville, Western Albemarle, Monticello, Powhatan and Orange.
Competitive but not always good , actually more often not good.

What about Liberty? Did you forget about the 13 team district? Sherando will blowout Millbrook....BTW Verizon sucks!
Daboyz ? Let's be Chill my man , I like your enthusiasm , but let's not get hostile after the first game. Lol . Love your enthusiasm for Sherando though. Liberty should always be recognized as a quality opponent , and both Millbrook and Sherando play them this year. I don't think Sherando will blow out Millbrook, however I am excited about how the future of the warriors looks for the next two years. Could win a lot of games.

Especially since I learned Isaiah Allen is back as of yesterday , and Kevon Doleman is back also. Two very strong and physical linemen. Sherando is going to be tough !

Reactions: chocw07
Daboyz19 Louisa is good but not sure anyone is having them win state championship. I feel they are in the top 3 in state

Daboyz19 Louisa is good but not sure anyone is having them win state championship. I feel they are in the top 3 in state
Top 3? Well I don't know about that , they haven't played anyone yet. But neither have a lot of teams. So I guess we will see. Top 3 in the state this year means you are second best in either the A/C or B/D bracket. Which means getting to the semis and not getting blown out. I am not buying it yet.

I would think Louisa is in the top 3 of their region, but state? Too much work to be done at this point. Beating Eastern View, Monacan and Dinwiddie in region b is possible, but its going to be a chore. Good luck to the Lions.

Reactions: hamspear
Daboyz ? Let's be Chill my man , I like your enthusiasm , but let's not get hostile after the first game. Lol . Love your enthusiasm for Sherando though. Liberty should always be recognized as a quality opponent , and both Millbrook and Sherando play them this year. I don't think Sherando will blow out Millbrook, however I am excited about how the future of the warriors looks for the next two years. Could win a lot of games.
I think Sherando will have a special year. I'm thinking final 4!

I agree Sherando should get it done. Its hard to predict final fours, because we surely dont know who will match up in the regions, but I believe it will be Sherando vs. Salem (c,d) and Dinwiddie/Monacan vs. Kings Fork/Lafeyette (b,a).

He put down a whole District so I put down a phone service..I guess I should have used the word weak. MY APOLOGIES!
I think when you said verizon " sucks " , it could be a little aggressive and personal. Instead you could make your point on you believe the Northwestern district is better than he thinks. Not trying to make personal attacks. Keep posting! Keep it informative , not personal.

Maybe so, either way no need to dwell on it , Daboyz , tell us why the northwestern is a force ! , and why 4a better look out!

Great news about the linemen for Sherando!
That's a great boost for both sides of the ball.

Hamspear, besides Martinsburg, who do you think will be their toughest opponent? Liberty, Kettle, or Millbrook?
And this is a stupid question probably, but the game versus Fort Hill is not on schedule because of the new alignment?

Hamspear, besides Martinsburg, who do you think will be their toughest opponent? Liberty, Kettle, or Millbrook?
And this is a stupid question probably, but the game versus Fort Hill is not on schedule because of the new alignment?
Kettle Run is not good. EV played a benefit game with them week before last and it was pretty much a joke.

Liberty (Bealeton) should be competitive but they are playing with a backup QB for most if not all of the season. It will be interesting to see how they play @ Courtland this week, certainly a tougher test than Brentsville from week 1. But for me, they will not be a serious threat in the playoffs.

How good is Eastern View? Their schedule does not look difficult at all. Maybe JM the toughest test? Only 35 miles from Louisa, I wish it was on the schedule. Guess I'll have to wait until playoffs.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud

I would say Millbrook would be our second toughest game on the schedule, however I haven't heard a lot about Liberty this year, and they are always a tough game. Yes Fort Hill is not on the schedule because of the new district , and the obligations it requires .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT