ADVERTISEMENT

NW District

Liberty (Bealeton) should be competitive but they are playing with a backup QB for most if not all of the season. It will be interesting to see how they play @ Courtland this week, certainly a tougher test than Brentsville from week 1. But for me, they will not be a serious threat in the playoffs.

How good is Eastern View? Their schedule does not look difficult at all. Maybe JM the toughest test? Only 35 miles from Louisa, I wish it was on the schedule. Guess I'll have to wait until playoffs.
I agree....this should be a regularly scheduled game. They did play each other the first few years EV was opened, but not lately.

I agree Sherando should get it done. Its hard to predict final fours, because we surely dont know who will match up in the regions, but I believe it will be Sherando vs. Salem (c,d) and Dinwiddie/Monacan vs. Kings Fork/Lafeyette (b,a).
I am not buying into Sherando being a final four team yet, and the problem is with such a cupcake schedule early on , it's really hard to tell. I like what I see, but there a few places I would like to see improvement. If they can at least hang with Martinsburg , like let's say within 10 points, then yes I would say they could be a top 4 team. Next year.... They are really going to be a handful. Unless there heads get big and or they choke.

Liberty (Bealeton) should be competitive but they are playing with a backup QB for most if not all of the season. It will be interesting to see how they play @ Courtland this week, certainly a tougher test than Brentsville from week 1. But for me, they will not be a serious threat in the playoffs.

How good is Eastern View? Their schedule does not look difficult at all. Maybe JM the toughest test? Only 35 miles from Louisa, I wish it was on the schedule. Guess I'll have to wait until playoffs.
What happen to the starting QB?

What's the outlook like for Handley over the next few years? The NWD is more fun when they're as consistently good as they were not too many years ago.
They have 7 freshmen and 13 sophomores on a 43 man varsity roster. They have 30 kids on Jv, I think the future is bright.

Maybe so, either way no need to dwell on it , Daboyz , tell us why the northwestern is a force ! , and why 4a better look out!
I don't think northwestern is a force. I do think Millbrook and Liberty will be good but not serious contenders come playoff time. Millbrook has good skill players but will lose the game on the line of scrimmage when playing better teams. I think Sherando with 25 seniors and a strong junior class will be poised to make some noise.

I don't think northwestern is a force. I do think Millbrook and Liberty will be good but not serious contenders come playoff time. Millbrook has good skill players but will lose the game on the line of scrimmage when playing better teams. I think Sherando with 25 seniors and a strong junior class will be poised to make some noise.
25 seniors? Not sure I counted that high ? Definitely only about 3 or 4 seniors playing on 1st team. But I agree with everything else you said about the northwestern. Millbrook is better than we both might think. Good luck to Handley in the future, the Northwestern district is much better with a good Handley team! The new coach will get them going.

4 teams in the Northwestern District Division 4 are 3-0 now - Sherando, Millbrook, Kettle Run, and Liberty. The interesting thing is that their opponents thus far are a combined 3-9 with NWD team James Wood accounting for 2 of those wins. No one on the Dulles side is still undefeated. Certainly not saying that these 4 teams are better than Woodgrove, Dominion, Heritage, etc., but they are off to a good start in picking up easy playoff points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT