DB: Brandon Sullivan, Patrick Henry
DB: Arturo Mendoza, Monacan
DB: Malik Bell, Louisa
P: Michael Roland, Huguenot
PR: Ernest Kelly, Huguenot
Utility: Coen King, Eastern View

Last edited:
Reactions: mbonape1
D'Ago Hunter is all-region as a Kick Returner, Defensive Back, Punt Returner, Wide Receiver, and Utility......and can't get a POY?

He is very well deserving but we can't complain about Malik Bell getting the nod. He has been the difference maker for Lousia this year. Congrats to everyone though..

Reactions: DivePitchKeep
He is very well deserving but we can't complain about Malik Bell getting the nod. He has been the difference maker for Lousia this year. Congrats to everyone though..
I'm surprised they don't have a separate POY.....in addition to offensive/defensive POY. A lot of super talented players play both ways.

I'm surprised they don't have a separate POY.....in addition to offensive/defensive POY. A lot of super talented players play both ways.
Good point. There may have been someone better on offense and someone better on defense but no one was better on both (plus special teams)

my thing is u should have an All State team whic is best in the state regardless of class then u should have your all division/class teams

I normally don’t post on here but this is crazy. D Ago Hunter is placed in all those positions and can’t get POY? CRAZY!

I do believe D'Ago Hunter is an amazing player but I do not think he should get POY over Malik Bell. Bell is the QB and involved in every offensive touch that Louisa has. Plus if you throw in Louisa's post season run, it s hard to not have M. Bell be POY.

I do believe D'Ago Hunter is an amazing player but I do not think he should get POY over Malik Bell. Bell is the QB and involved in every offensive touch that Louisa has. Plus if you throw in Louisa's post season run, it s hard to not have M. Bell be POY.
Not saying Bell isn't a deserving player. Same logic can be used for Hunter though. He is involved on every single play of the game....offense/defense/special teams.

That's true. Almost need an overall POY. He was arguably better than Bell on defense and better than Thurston on offense.

Hunter is very deserving. But when it comes down to it, he didn't help his team enough to win the region. Bell did that in huge ways. 80 yard TD run against Courtland, 79 yard TD run against Monacan, 61 yard TD run against Dinwiddie. Every time Louisa needed a 1st down during the last two games, Bell got it running or passing.

No disrespect to D'ago but Malik Bell took over the Region 4B playoffs. In each game he had a pivotal TD run of 60+ yards, ran for almost 600 yards in the playoffs, and added 200+ yards passing. To me that is the difference in Off POY. Had D'ago guided EV to the Region 4B championship, he undoubtedly would have won too.

I agree that Hunter is deserving but I also think Bell is more deserving because Louisa is still playing.

Reactions: mbonape1
Two phenomenal players and yes if EV would have advanced DH would have been POY for sure

To me that doesn't make a lot of sense. Is it Player of the Year, or Player of the Postseason?

To me that doesn't make a lot of sense. Is it Player of the Year, or Player of the Postseason?

Player of the year that encompasses everything. Not sure why this is so hard to grasp.

Player of the year that encompasses everything. Not sure why this is so hard to grasp.
Oh I grasp it just fine....I just disagree with it. Just because your team advances further doesn't do it in my mind. For instance B-ball has All-Tournament teams, in addition to All Region/All State teams.

Reactions: Gatorchomp1
Oh I grasp it just fine....I just disagree with it. Just because your team advances further doesn't do it in my mind. For instance B-ball has All-Tournament teams, in addition to All Region/All State teams.
I agree. In a sport like football with so many different variables out of your control, how far your team goes shouldn't really factor into anything. Basketball would be the only team sport that I would say team performance should factor in. So few players, if you are good, your team should be good.

I agree. In a sport like football with so many different variables out of your control, how far your team goes shouldn't really factor into anything. Basketball would be the only team sport that I would say team performance should factor in. So few players, if you are good, your team should be good.

He had 1500 yrds and 22 rushing TD's as a QB.

I say this in all honesty...

Malik Bell is having a year good enough to potentially be the Class 4 POY Period. Forget about the region.

Barring a glaringly BAD game by Bell, maybe only Ramsey can steal that award away at this point.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Why do we have the awards at all then? Why not just give every Louisa kid 1st team All-Whatever award?

1st team Offense and Defense
Dinwiddie 9
Louisa 8
EV 7
Court 4
Mon 3

Still don't see what the problem is.

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT