2. Clarke County (6-0): 21.33
3. Central Woodstock (4-1): 20.40
4. Stuarts Draft (2-1): 20.00
5. Strasburg (3-1): 20.00
6. Buckingham (3-1): 17.50
7. East Rockingham (1-3): 14.00
8. Page County (3-4): 13.57
9. Madison County (1-5): 12.67

This deadline/meeting will certainly be interesting, especially when you consider the talk of a minimum games played.

I haven't kept up with any other classes, but from the looks here it appears that ANY game that hasn't been completed thus far is not counted currently (all 6 classes).

I will continue to update the Ratings with the information I have, and go off of this as well.

The part that is going to get hairy for VHSL IMO is that teams that have not had issues could be the ones hurt by these (assuming a minimum need), going off the current numbers.

Interesting for sure. I am still wondering how they could potentially punish Draft if in fact James River and Luray aren’t going to make up those games? I mean if the minimum number of games were 8 at this point would they really be left out of the playoffs by no fault of their own? I think there are some teams out East and a few in SWVA that are in similar situations so it’s certainly an odd scenario.

I have had very little to say on any thread about this forfeit business, but my common sense tells me that no football team should be penalized for a virus and the impact it may have had on them. Simply divide each team's point total by the number of games they played and any game that didn't get played should be forgotten as if it never existed. To me that sounds like a no-brainer.

I wonder when the VHSL will make a statement about whether games will be forfeited or not. Also when will districts let the teams know how many games must be played to be eligible for playoffs

VHSL updated today but i dont see any changes in class 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT