ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, is it too soon to ask about Salem?

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
They seem to have outstanding backs, linebackers, corners. Safeties and overall tremendous team speed

What about QB?
What about offensive and defensive line?

The Eli kid from Glenvar transferred there so I would assume he would be the QB..possibly Chris Martin…don’t know much on Salem’s OL/DL

The Eli kid from Glenvar transferred there so I would assume he would be the QB..possibly Chris Martin…don’t know much on Salem’s OL/DL
He was the qb in 7 on 7 the other night. Martin didn’t play unless it was after I left.

QB would presumably be Eli Taylor, he's been doing the 7 on 7's and he throws a nice ball. Carter Black and Jackson Wininger were the JV QB, so there could certainly be some competition for the #1 spot. All 3 will be Jr this fall. Chris Martin is too valuable as an all around player to be limited to the QB spot. He'll be a S on D and a WR/RB on O. He'll also continue to be the P. (He's the Swiss Army knife of the team, aka the Deuce 2.0)

I think there will be a couple of new key contributors that could be used on the DL or OL. #67 Dorian Vance 5'10" 225 lb Jr and #34 Dontay Davis 5'9" 198lb Jr. On the OL we have returning Jr starters, C Jackson Bryie and T Marvin Fields.

I think Coen Logan So CB and Bryson Fraction Jr S will be big additions in the D backfield.

These are just initial observations from what we had last year moving up, and I haven't seen who's making progress in the weight room. There's a lot of spots open on the OL/DL where guys will have to step up and make big contributions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT