ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Mike Salem....?

I vote we double your pay this year. Plus a cash bonus equal to your annual pick-em salery for the last three seasons.

Heck, we will even throw in a "partridge in a pear tree!"

Last edited:
Botetourt picks up two more from single A Covington.
Gunner Givens 6'4" 280 pound sophomore
Terran Baker a place kicker , who hit 38-40 pats

I heard LB had like 10 transfers this year....if true something shady seems to be going on in daleville

I heard LB had like 10 transfers this year....if true something shady seems to be going on in daleville
Wow, the man (Harless) is/has put together an annual contender and people want to start bashing him and the program. Especially with unsubstantiated allegations. By the way, this guys is a Giles fan not a Salem fan. Don't want any of our classy and knowledgable Spartan fans to be unfairly chastised.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Wow, the man (Harless) is/has put together an annual contender and people want to start bashing him and the program. Especially with unsubstantiated allegations. By the way, this guys is a Giles fan not a Salem fan. Don't want any of our classy and knowledgable Spartan fans to be unfairly chastised.
That was a really unfair and disrespectful statement. Coach Harless is the epitome of honesty and integrity. He doesn't deserve comments like that.
Worst has been said in the past but hasn’t gotten a reaction like this. Let’s take our emotions out of it. If that team has that many transfers (LB doesn’t have 10 but they have a lot of new faces who played elsewhere last year) then how could you not ask that question? A lot of great, honest and family men who coach..Want to win football games too. That is not a personal attack from @Spartanfan334, I’d ask the same question..Not only this Coach but a lot of coaches..

Last edited:
I think the actual number of transfers is 8. Here is a picture of what I presume to be the new Cavaliers with Hunter Rice #10, being in the middle.

@mike salem I do not have a problem with students transferring and coaches taking them in. I do not think a coach is dishonest and is a bad person if he "recruits" a kid to better his chances at a college offer and to win at the high school level. Of course that isn't legal but is going 5-6 miles over the speed limit legal? Doesn't make me a bad person because I speed. LB has one of the best offensive lines on the East Coast. They have a good program and they're playing in late November every year. I'm not mad at them.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Worst has been said in the past but hasn’t gotten a reaction like this. Let’s take our emotions out of it. If that team has that many transfers (LB doesn’t have 10 but they have a lot of new faces who played elsewhere last year) then how could you not ask that question? A lot of great, honest and family men who coach..Want to win football games too. That is not a personal attack from @Spartanfan334, I’d ask the same question..Not only this Coach but a lot of coaches..
Some sound points @NDRam. Not taking anything personal as I have no real ties to the LB program. The dudes statement "if true something shady seems to be going on in daleville" is what caused my reaction. I agree with you about having questions, but to verbalize possible "shadiness" implies that Harless may be cheating. In my field you need proof before making these type of allegations. In todays world, you can say what you want just because you can without consideration or care for the consequences it may cause others. Its like putting in writing on a public forum (just an example) "On Friday night I saw @NDRam chatting up two teenage cheerleaders. It appeared to be shady. He may be a pervert". This may sound harmless, but in today's world (see twitter for 1,000 examples) you would be run out of town without any proof whatsoever. This is a fun place to discuss high school sports. Just no need for this type of negativity.

@mike salem I do not have a problem with students transferring and coaches taking them in. I do not think a coach is dishonest and is a bad person if he "recruits" a kid to better his chances at a college offer and to win at the high school level. Of course that isn't legal but is going 5-6 miles over the speed limit legal? Doesn't make me a bad person because I speed. LB has one of the best offensive lines on the East Coast. They have a good program and they're playing in late November every year. I'm not mad at them.
I'm not mad at them either. Someone posted they had like 10 transfers, I just posted the actual number seemed to be 8. I don't think that because a lot of kids transferred means that there is something shady going on either.

Parents and kids want to be where they will get the most college exposure. If the parents are willing to move to make it possible then that's fine. I don't have a problem with kids "recruiting" another kid to move for a better chance. I would have a problem if the coaching staff initiated contact with a kid, because that is wrong. I'm not alleging that happened in these cases.

LB has the best line around from what I can tell and a lot of D1 players on the team. Can't blame a parent or kid for wanting to be there to help their chances for a scholarship.

Every honorable high school coach that I know has the same philosophy.

They tell any kid or parent that reaches out to them to get enrolled and cleared to participate in their sport, THEN come talk to them.

And secondly, this type of coach goes to the extreme to be sure a kid is eligible before he gets on the field.

These honorable coaches would never, ever, risk the schools reputation, or run the risk of having wins taken away from the kids because they didn't do their job correctly.

Every honorable high school coach that I know has the same philosophy.

They tell any kid or parent that reaches out to them to get enrolled and cleared to participate in their sport, THEN come talk to them.

And secondly, this type of coach goes to the extreme to be sure a kid is eligible before he gets on the field.

These honorable coaches would never, ever, risk the schools reputation, or run the risk of having wins taken away from the kids because they didn't do their job correctly.
100% agree. I know that's how Salem operates. They tell them to go through all of the proper administrative channels for enrollment and once you're eligible and clear, come see the coaching staff.

Thanks and I really didn't mean it as a personal attack on harless honestly...but I'm hearing from friends in Roanoke area that they have close to 10 new players...they could be off slightly but I think it's close

Again I do apologize and didn't mean it as a personal attack

Thanks and I really didn't mean it as a personal attack on harless honestly...but I'm hearing from friends in Roanoke area that they have close to 10 new players...they could be off slightly but I think it's close

If you look at my post above, you'll see a picture that I presume is of the 8 transfer players with #10 Hunter Rice.

You have nothing to apologize for. Your opinion. I did not take it as a personal attack on the coach. How are your Giles guys looking this season?

You have nothing to apologize for. Your opinion. I did not take it as a personal attack on the coach. How are your Giles guys looking this season?

Awful young...4-6 seniors I hear...but attitudes a Lot better than last year when it was a total disaster....tough schedule may not show a Lot of wins this year but will have valuable experience for the young guys for next year

Reactions: NDRam
Awful young...4-6 seniors I hear...but attitudes a Lot better than last year when it was a total disaster....tough schedule may not show a Lot of wins this year but will have valuable experience for the young guys for next year
Good luck to your guys. The wins will eventually start to pile up again!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT