ADVERTISEMENT

One reason Dinwiddie produces good citizens.

Thanks for the story! Great ideas and great approach to establishing a program and desired culture. It is likely not feasible, maybe even advisable, to try and implement that system in all schools/communities. However, there are at least pieces that virtually every program could benefit from.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Thanks for the story! Great ideas and great approach to establishing a program and desired culture. It is likely not feasible, maybe even advisable, to try and implement that system in all schools/communities. However, there are at least pieces that virtually every program could benefit from.
Thank you sir. I agree, it probably should never be adopted “as is.” But hopefully there are a few things that a Coach can modify and adopt that will be beneficial for his team.

What I like about it is the fact that it uses athletics to provide skills that kids will be able to apply in the world that they are going to graduate into.

I like the process, because the involved community members/business leaders get to give back to the kids, team, and school. I have been involved in this process for some time now and the time reviewing, scoring, and giving feedback to the prospects is so valuable. The interviews are quite intense and I always come away impressed with respect our players demonstrate.

@DinwiddieProud, is a bit humble to admit it, but he has a former candidate working for him and the kid has an unbelievable work ethic. It's all about giving these young men options after their playing days are over. DP and others do just that. Can't always get their attention, but we try.

Again, that's why we call ourselves Navy Nation. It takes a village to raise a child. Through dedication and sacrifice we always "find a way". Thanks for posting this @DinwiddieProud.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT