ADVERTISEMENT

Oops, I skipped over a team.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
But first, I really am not trying to be alphabetically perfect, so please be tolerant of me.

With what I think is absolutely one of the neatest nicknames in all of sports, I present you with the Harrisonburg "Blue Streaks"!

Historically, Harrisonburg has had a successful football program over the years. In fact, they have a state championship to their credit. (They may have more than one, but I only have access to records from 1999 to the present.)

Last season was a giant step forward for the Streaks. Coming off of back to back two win seasons, they posted a fine 7-3 season in 2015.

Was this the start of a sustained turn around? Will we see them still playing after just 10 games this fall?

I'm really expecting to hear some good insight from One Man and OCBoy on this team. Of course, everyone please share any information you may have.

The lose JMU commit Devin Medley who was a monster at RB-LB. The return QB AC White(6'3 210) who will likely be the top QB in the Valley area. RB-LB Stedman Clark (6'1 200) will likely take over for Medley as the bellcow on offense. Their JV had some solid talent. Not sure what they lose in the trenches but I'd expect them to be in playoff contention and contend for the Valley District crown once again with Turner Ashby and RE Lee.

But first, I really am not trying to be alphabetically perfect, so please be tolerant of me.

With what I think is absolutely one of the neatest nicknames in all of sports, I present you with the Harrisonburg "Blue Streaks"!

Historically, Harrisonburg has had a successful football program over the years. In fact, they have a state championship to their credit. (They may have more than one, but I only have access to records from 1999 to the present.)

Last season was a giant step forward for the Streaks. Coming off of back to back two win seasons, they posted a fine 7-3 season in 2015.

Was this the start of a sustained turn around? Will we see them still playing after just 10 games this fall?

I'm really expecting to hear some good insight from One Man and OCBoy on this team. Of course, everyone please share any information you may have.

VHSL-Reference.com has a page that shows all of the state football champions back to 1920, in all divisions. And you're correct, Harrisonburg has one to their credit.

http://www.vhsl-reference.com/statechampslist.cfm

Last edited:
Thanks Spartan.

Careful One Man, the city slickers on here will not have a clue what the bell cow is!!! White has D1 size for a QB, I hope his skills can translate to a chance at that level.

Thanks Spartan.

Careful One Man, the city slickers on here will not have a clue what the bell cow is!!! White has D1 size for a QB, I hope his skills can translate to a chance at that level.
Cow Bell.......the thing you wrap your 25th anniversary divorce papers with.

VHSL-Reference.com has a page that shows all of the state football champions back to 1920, in all divisions. And you're correct, Harrisonburg has one to their credit.

http://www.vhsl-reference.com/statechampslist.cfm
This is HS Football. Every year is different. Every year brings new players. Harrisonburg could just as easily win States this year as anyone else. What happened even two years ago means nothing. It only takes one season and that's true for every team. Briar Woods was under .500 3 years in a row, then won a State Championship. The another. Then another.

The program keeps you competitive. The special players make you great and never forget, it's not how good you are this year. It's more often about how good is the other guy.

Last edited:
For what it is worth, I failed to mention that Harrisonburg is listed as one of the teams that may be moving up in 2017. Does this seem likely to you guys that are failure with that area?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT