ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Day Soccer talk

CallMeCoach19

VaPreps Varsity
Mar 27, 2010
Here we go! I know most teams have been hard at it for a while, but this is the first official day. Any predictions/projections? I will make mine small and not that outlandish.

1. The East wins it all again...go figure. There is no West school that can compete this year. Maybe next season after a few juggernauts move to 3A.
2. Region C will represent the West again. No disrespect to Region D (and Graham could certainly change this), but I think C plays better soccer top to bottom.
3. George Mason makes semi-finals at a minimum. They just brought a very well balanced and coached squad last season. They didn't lose that many parts that they didn't already have replacements for.
4. Radford improves in the 2A ranks. Since making the move to 2A, they haven't achieved much of note. I look for an improved side this season.

There we go. I tried to balance East and West thoughts. Scrimmages get rolling in just a few weeks in some cases. Should be a fun season. Feel free to disagree or post your own.

JR wont likely be a threat in the Region C this year, they graduated half of the team which were all starters. I for one am glad not to have to endure some of the coaches decisions anymore. Too many position changes last year which resulted losses in a couple games which should have been won. Catering to parents didn't help either.

Not really a soccer guy but I do like to watch our kids play any sport at the local high school ....however there is no reason to talk 2A soccer until Mason and MW leave for 3A. I can say that as our school has to deal with them 2-4 times a year in boys/girls. Good luck to all!

Not really a soccer guy but I do like to watch our kids play any sport at the local high school ....however there is no reason to talk 2A soccer until Mason and MW leave for 3A. I can say that as our school has to deal with them 2-4 times a year in boys/girls. Good luck to all!

I get the sentiment, but really R E Lee had a great team last year as well, and they kept a ton of talent. Now on the other side of the state...you are correct, sir. Giles has done amazingly well the last few years, but those kids are gone now. Heard a rumor Giles that is dropping enrollment left and right btw. They were already small for 2A. Maybe Graham or Radford will step up and make it competitive at least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT