ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Smith vs King Fork

Who you got? S.E. District 99 game Streak for Smith vs 757's 4A contender!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
Smith 35 KF 14

No disrespect to KF at all and regardless of the outcome, both teams should be playing in December. I personally think it's better to have 2 state contenders in the S.E. District than to have a long win streak! I'll be routing on KF the rest of the month, just not tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForksUp
Smith 35 KF 14

No disrespect to KF at all and regardless of the outcome, both teams should be playing in December. I personally think it's better to have 2 state contenders in the S.E. District than to have a long win streak! I'll be routing on KF the rest of the month, just not tomorrow.
Based on the box scores of the last several games and good weather for Friday that sounds about right to me fwiw.

It will be fun to watch.

I do think the only way Smith scores 35 is with the help of turnovers and special teams blunders.

Give me the upset! I'm taking the Bulldogs!

@757FridayNiteZ, how has the Smith passing game been this year? Is the starting RB gonna play?

No pure passer for sure this year, but their QB is more like JJ Williamson (QB in their 2011 State Title) in that he has wheels, can find a receiver while scrambling and if he takes off he's looking to score! The receiving core has been under utilized compared to last year but their depth and talent is more wide spread amongst 6-7 players.

According to our paper, D. White may play but I don't think it would matter either way. Their so deep that Joseph Bray, who was considered a National top tier RB last year in Middle School is stuck behind 2-3 upperclassmen.

Forksup, I've really enjoyed the last half of the season. The tougher competition only gets both teams ready for the upcoming playoffs. But, I have to say the press has been guilty of down playing Smith's depth and overall talent this year. It's hard to believe that their Defense is better than last year, but it really is. It's likely the best I've seen since I've been following them in 2009.

The offense doesn't rely on 1-2 key players vs last year. Someone made the analogy that Smith is like an Alabama team this year and where I'm no fan of them, I'd have to agree about the comparison. Their relentless high execution is scary this year.

If Smith gets beat tomorrow, I'll expect both teams to play their last games in Hampton & Williamsburg, respectively, in mid December! I'd LOVE to see another S.E. District team accomplish their ultimate goal!

Reactions: ForksUp
Oh that defense is good. At each level there is someone with a D-1 offer. It's sounds basic but what really makes them great is they just do their job. You don't shut out that many teams throughout the season if your guys aren't disciplined in that.

I feel the same way about the Kings Fork defense, in that they really aren't given the credit they deserve. They don't have the shutouts that Smith has but they have been very good. Last year was dreadful. If you wanted to score just run the inside zone. I think the Lakeland running back had over 200 yards that game, and he wasn't the only one to break that mark throughout the year. Not so much this year though. Up the middle they are stout. Players are in position to make plays and not having to think as much. There are too many athletes out this way, just gotta let them go play. That's what is happening this year and it's working great.

I think it'll be similar to the DC game. Defensive battle the whole game. Being able to avoid the dumb mistake and execute will determine the winner. While that is the MO for Smith, I just feel an upset.

Oh that defense is good. At each level there is someone with a D-1 offer. It's sounds basic but what really makes them great is they just do their job. You don't shut out that many teams throughout the season if your guys aren't disciplined in that.

I feel the same way about the Kings Fork defense, in that they really aren't given the credit they deserve. They don't have the shutouts that Smith has but they have been very good. Last year was dreadful. If you wanted to score just run the inside zone. I think the Lakeland running back had over 200 yards that game, and he wasn't the only one to break that mark throughout the year. Not so much this year though. Up the middle they are stout. Players are in position to make plays and not having to think as much. There are too many athletes out this way, just gotta let them go play. That's what is happening this year and it's working great.

I think it'll be similar to the DC game. Defensive battle the whole game. Being able to avoid the dumb mistake and execute will determine the winner. While that is the MO for Smith, I just feel an upset.

Congratulations ForksUp! I am so sorry I missed such a great game. I'm excited for your team & the rest of 4A has been put on notice!

It could really be a great post season and 757 could have 3 and maybe even 4 teams playing in December!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT