ADVERTISEMENT

Our side of the state: Congrats to the Region D winners last night!

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Salem, Blacksburg, Glass, and GW. All top 4 seeds avoided upsets. Blacksburg and Salem certainly owned the night both putting up astronomical numbers while doing so. EC Glass and GW both had very impressive wins. Just when it was believed that Glass was “imploding” and wearing down, the Hilltoppers really contained a really good (understatement) RB in LJ Bashsm all night and scored a lot on a very stingy Byrd defense. My Danville boys did a wonderful job in containing a heck of a RB too. Frank Ross had a couple of very good runs but GW LB Curtis Waller was on him like glue all night. Score would have been closer if Amherst had not dropped 2 wide open passes but the GW Defense played lights out and the offense led by Los Poole had another impeccable performance.

My players of the night
BB Grant Johnston 11 of 19 for 269 yards passing 5 TDs

BB Cole Beck 3 Total TDs

Salem D’lo Ramsey 313 yards rushing 5 TDs

Salem Jake Gladden/Joseph Quinn hell of a throw/even better catch

Cville Sam Neale 4 TD passes

Glass Matt MacCallum 14 of 23 231 yards passing 3 TDs

Glass Thomas Patterson led a defense that held LJ Bashsm to just 85 on 27 rushing attempts WOW (3.1 yards per carry)

GW Danville Defense.. Wow! Hope they can replicate that next week against the 2x defending state champ Salem Spartans

GW Los Poole/Wes Graves 336 yards combined rushing. Poole with 169, Graves with 167.

Next up:
4 EC Glass at 1 Blacksburg
3 Salem at 2 GW Danville

Salem, Blacksburg, Glass, and GW. All top 4 seeds avoided upsets. Blacksburg and Salem certainly owned the night both putting up astronomical numbers while doing so. EC Glass and GW both had very impressive wins. Just when it was believed that Glass was “imploding” and wearing down, the Hilltoppers really contained a really good (understatement) RB in LJ Bashsm all night and scored a lot on a very stingy Byrd defense. My Danville boys did a wonderful job in containing a heck of a RB too. Frank Ross had a couple of very good runs but GW LB Curtis Waller was on him like glue all night. Score would have been closer if Amherst had not dropped 2 wide open passes but the GW Defense played lights out and the offense led by Los Poole had another impeccable performance.

My players of the night

BB Cole Beck 3 Total TDs

Glass Thomas Patterson led a defense that held LJ Bashsm to just 85 on 27 rushing attempts WOW (3.1 yards per carry)

GW Danville Defense.. Wow! Hope they can replicate that next week against the 2x defending state champ Salem Spartans

GW Los Poole/Wes Graves 336 yards combined rushing. Poole with 169, Graves with 167.

Next up:
3 Salem at 2 GW Danville

The whole Glass defense was great, but Thomas Patterson was SENSATIONAL last night!

My players of the night

BB Cole Beck 3 Total TDs

Next up:
3 Salem at 2 GW Danville

I'm still waiting to hear what @Pioneer 4life meant by Glass "imploding." LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT