ADVERTISEMENT

Out of district rivalry games...

BCKnights

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 25, 2013
What out of district rivalry games will be missed if there's a 2021 spring season? No battle of the Axe. Buckingham vs Appomattox for me.

Reactions: oldfool2
Not really a rivalry game, but I will miss Ridgeview playing perennial state champion contender Pikeville out of Kentucky.

Yea the Buckingham game for the Raiders will be missed.
No Rustburg (Battle of the Lantern)
Heritage also has become a rivalry game.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Whoa, are you saying that PH & WF are not playing each other? Aren't they in the same district? It's hard to keep up w/ PH, WF, and FC as it seems like they are bouncing around on a regular basis,

PH is in the River Ridge
WF is in the Blue Ridge

Just Checked WF's schedule, and they are not playing each other.

Franklin County was in the Piedmont, but last season was their first season in the Blue Ridge District.

No Heritage or Buckingham on their schedule this spring, but Dan River and Appomattox is going to be a real good one. I have Buckingham and Appo playing for the 2A championship this year.

One issue I think hasn’t been brought up is lack of equity. You’ll have some counties who, even if they play, will have very little time having gone over anything or worked out together. Some are still not allowed, by their school system, to work out. Meanwhile, their opponents may be on their fourth month of practice right now.

One issue I think hasn’t been brought up is lack of equity. You’ll have some counties who, even if they play, will have very little time having gone over anything or worked out together. Some are still not allowed, by their school system, to work out. Meanwhile, their opponents may be on their fourth month of practice right now.
Very true and lack of conditioning could lead to injury pile ups.

Reactions: Stabler1980
I have my 10 yr old do 4 different push ups 25 each every morning. And then he does 20 every hour. Treadmill and bowflex and core every other evening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT