ADVERTISEMENT

Parry McCluer 21 Rockbridge County 14 Final

Nothing else to say, MMQP? The Blues did not deserve that win. Rockbridge out played them, a win is a win. We can not tackle worth a squat. They all teaching to tackle high and I do not like it. I know its for safety reasons but I still think you can teach a kid how to tackle low if done properly. Thoughts on game?

Haha! I wish I could have made the drive down but I've been relegated to sitting by the computer and listening to the games for the foreseeable future.

How Rockbridge managed to NOT score any points in the second is beyond me.. it seemed like both squads did all they could not to win this one. Penalties, penalties, penalties.

PM has some work to do...

Haha! I wish I could have made the drive down but I've been relegated to sitting by the computer and listening to the games for the foreseeable future.

How Rockbridge managed to NOT score any points in the second is beyond me.. it seemed like both squads did all they could not to win this one. Penalties, penalties, penalties.

PM has some work to do...
I want to clarify what I said last night. Those kids played hard the whole game but I think Rockbridge played just as hard. But we had a good last drive to win it; I was proud for the guys. Lots of penalties and we are bad tacklers .I don't not see how anyone played the way they because of the heat. It was terrible in the stands.

I want to clarify what I said last night. Those kids played hard the whole game but I think Rockbridge played just as hard. But we had a good last drive to win it; I was proud for the guys. Lots of penalties and we are bad tacklers .I don't not see how anyone played the way they because of the heat. It was terrible in the stands.

Yea it was a hard fought game by both squads. Both teams shot theirselves in the foot with turnovers and costly penalties. I think the heat hurt PM more than it did Rockbridge considering how many players we have playing both ways. The roughing the kicker penalty broke RC's backs as they had held PM to almost zero yardage in the second half up to that point.

We'll get a better feel for what we have next week vs. Buffalo Gap IMO.

Yea it was a hard fought game by both squads. Both teams shot theirselves in the foot with turnovers and costly penalties. I think the heat hurt PM more than it did Rockbridge considering how many players we have playing both ways. The roughing the kicker penalty broke RC's backs as they had held PM to almost zero yardage in the second half up to that point.

We'll get a better feel for what we have next week vs. Buffalo Gap IMO.
The heat was awful and I think it did do more damage to PM than Rock. I wonder how many different players PM used? We need to get some quality backups. Gap will run the wing "t" and Bowers knows how to run it. I think we need a more devitrified plays. More motion and passes off our running plays.

The heat was awful and I think it did do more damage to PM than Rock. I wonder how many different players PM used? We need to get some quality backups. Gap will run the wing "t" and Bowers knows how to run it. I think we need a more devitrified plays. More motion and passes off our running plays.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed like PM started picking up more yards when they switched from the Straight T to the Wing T on the game winning drive..??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed like PM started picking up more yards when they switched from the Straight T to the Wing T on the game winning drive..??
You are right; they did a good job on that drive. We also ran some straight drive plays on that drive. That staff has done a good job the last 5 years. You can run a lot of wing T plays from the straight T; I just wish we would. But a win is a win and that was a good one.

I hope we see more Wing T. And I hope we spread defenses out some by putting some receivers out there on the ends, less bunch formations. If our O-line is having that many issues the bunch formations arent going to work.

I hope we see more Wing T. And I hope we spread defenses out some by putting some receivers out there on the ends, less bunch formations. If our O-line is having that many issues the bunch formations arent going to work.
I wish the staff would go and talk to a team that runs the wing: T : . Maybe they have but with that backs we have it would be ideal for us to run. Split out a end or ends. and run it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT