ADVERTISEMENT

Pathetic performance by UVA today

hamspear

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2009
Arrowhead stadium
if you are one of these guys on here that has any form of Hoos in your name , you should change it . UVA is a embarrassment to Virginia college football! And yes Tech has a challenge today and could very well lose ( I hope not) but this is rediculous for UVA performance against Navy today . Go Hokies!!!! Thought I would get the annual argument started :D

There is no way uva should be getting mopped up like this! What in the world! They are getting blown out by a service academy

Reactions: 7time and hamspear
Jmu much better than uva. Jmu tech would be real good game. Of course the last time tech played jmu, jmu won

Reactions: hamspear
if you are one of these guys on here that has any form of Hoos in your name , you should change it . UVA is a embarrassment to Virginia college football! And yes Tech has a challenge today and could very well lose ( I hope not) but this is rediculous for UVA performance against Navy today . Go Hokies!!!! Thought I would get the annual argument started :D

Pitiful... pathetic... dreadful... 28-7 when I walked away for 20 minutes... come back and it's 42-7... Turnovers were costly...

Did anyone other than the officials not think that hit on Benkert was targeting? I mean the officiating in all forms of football is just getting as ridiculous as the play of UVA today.

Pitiful... pathetic... dreadful... 28-7 when I walked away for 20 minutes... come back and it's 42-7... Turnovers were costly...

Did anyone other than the officials not think that hit on Benkert was targeting? I mean the officiating in all forms of football is just getting as ridiculous as the play of UVA today.
I thought it should've been helmet to helmet or roughing the passer...he looked like he was out to hurt the QB. I'm not a fan of the targeting call, but it should've been a penalty.

Reactions: CRF4Dan and wikki
I thought it should've been helmet to helmet or roughing the passer...he looked like he was out to hurt the QB. I'm not a fan of the targeting call, but it should've been a penalty.

I could have lived with either of those calls but not to call anything was insane.

Well at least Tech showed up tonight , played hard . Couple of turnovers hurt them , biggest one late second quarter when they could have gone up by two scores... redshirt freshman QB Jackson is solid , runs the ball well. Hokies looking good for next year, lost to a good offensive team without some key players lost to injury. I think Fuente is doing a good job and is recruiting well also. On to next year. ✌️

Reactions: mbonape1
Well at least Tech showed up tonight , played hard . Couple of turnovers hurt them , biggest one late second quarter when they could have gone up by two scores... redshirt freshman QB Jackson is solid , runs the ball well. Hokies looking good for next year, lost to a good offensive team without some key players lost to injury. I think Fuente is doing a good job and is recruiting well also. On to next year. ✌️
Jackson was awful.

JMU is a top 30 team this year at worst and could stay in the game with the vast majority of FBS schools. The reduced scholarships would definitely hurt them if they were to play a full FBS schedule, but for one game I'd take the Dukes over UVA in a heartbeat.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
They are actually one of the most accurately rated teams historically. Don't let facts get in the way of your opinion though.
Refer to my last statement “Chokies”. They should be top 10 every year. Their performance when it matters is saddening. They look like a middle school team playing a NFL team in the big game. Even when they had the likes of Tyrod, Hosley, David Wilson, the Fuller brothers, etc..They’d find a way to lose the big game. Did I mention, VA’s best recruits are going elsewhere... They haven’t had an elite running back since David Wilson left them 6 years ago (going on 10)...Fact is, 9-4 is about as good as Tech will ever be.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Actually I have a player this year commit to JMU WR this summer.. Got several FBS offers in August ,,, one UVA.. Went on his official visit in fall to UVA. Decided on JMU.. He signed with JMU last week on the 20th. JMU is a GREAT program. They have something special there for the FCS level.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Refer to my last statement “Chokies”. They should be top 10 every year. Their performance when it matters is saddening. They look like a middle school team playing a NFL team in the big game. Even when they had the likes of Tyrod, Hosley, David Wilson, the Fuller brothers, etc..They’d find a way to lose the big game. Did I mention, VA’s best recruits are going elsewhere... They haven’t had an elite running back since David Wilson left them 6 years ago (going on 10)...Fact is, 9-4 is about as good as Tech will ever be.
We get you don't like the Hokies. Everybody is entitled to their opinions. The question is whether you can support that opinion with anything resembling facts or if it is purely an emotional rant. What factors do you believe support your assertion they "should be Top 10 every year"? If they always lose the big games how do you explain the win at Ohio State, against LSU , the multiple ACC championships, etc.? How do you explain the multiple 10 win seasons if 9-4 is as good as Tech will ever be? There is a mountain of evidence that says your opinion is flawed at best.

I think all the argument about tech and uva should cease and everyone should get behind JMU. Does anyone think they will move up a division since they signed their coach for ten years?

We get you don't like the Hokies. Everybody is entitled to their opinions. The question is whether you can support that opinion with anything resembling facts or if it is purely an emotional rant. What factors do you believe support your assertion they "should be Top 10 every year"? If they always lose the big games how do you explain the win at Ohio State, against LSU , the multiple ACC championships, etc.? How do you explain the multiple 10 win seasons if 9-4 is as good as Tech will ever be? There is a mountain of evidence that says your opinion is flawed at best.
Come on Cut..What big bowl games have the Hokies won? ACC Championships means nothing if it’s not a bid to play in the playoffs or a BCS game ..Tech has won 1 BCS game over Kansas and didn’t show up for the rest. Ohio State won the national championship that year, what did Tech have to show for it? Tech has a long way to go to be considered an elite program. Last I checked... 10 wins don’t get you a national championship.

@cutnjump and to address my statement on Tech being a top 10 team year in and year out.. Refer to any Virginia recruiting board. All of the states best talent is going elsewhere. Tech isn’t a place where the state’s best want to go anymore. FACTS.

JMU doesn’t have better recruits than either of the two programs mentioned above in VT AND UVA. You’re fandom doesn’t factor in to what if the HOOS and Hokies played the FCS schedule what their records would be. Secondly would JMU be Bowl eligible playing in the ACC with a full 85 schollys I doubt it. Maybe in C-USA like an ODU but it’s not the same level of football when you have to fill out an 85 man roster with playable depth. Stop the nonsense they’re having a good run these past two years, what about the other national championship year they had. Was that team the best in the state or recruiting elite talent??? Not slighting the Dukes at all but there is levels to football, and JMU might play the HOOS close or they could be blown out and the fans are saying well they are in the ACC...

I'll say it straight up JMU beats UVA this year and last. Comfortably. Tech/JMU this year would be good game.

You know JMU is winning as a program when they’re bringing in better recruits than Tech and UVA at the FCS level.
Terrible responses. Try reading and actually addressing the questions you were asked. You made the statement they should be Top 10 every year. Top 10 is rankings not recruiting but, either way you failed in your response. You were asked why to support that statement. Has absolutely nothing to do with kids leaving or staying in the state. You said they never showed up in big games I merely gave you a few to show how ridiculous your statement was without referring to multiple Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl appearances. You said 9-4 was the best they would be when 10 wins on multiple occasions says completely different. As far as your FACTS go 3 of the Top 10 and 6 of the Top 25 this year say at least some of the best still want to go there. You have let your emotions and dislike for VT affect your ability to respond to the questions asked.

You know JMU is winning as a program when they’re bringing in better recruits than Tech and UVA at the FCS level.
I don't know whether you got in your daddy's egg nog or just took a case of the stupids today but, VT has a Top 20 FBS recruiting class as a composite rating of all the major services. Don't think you will find JMU in that neighborhood. Look sport JMU is a championship FCS program with a lot to be proud of. On any given day they can stun an FBS school as VT painfully found out in 2010, however, that is a far different mountain to climb than playing a full season as an FBS school much less putting up 9 and 10 win seasons and going on a three decade streak of consecutive winning seasons.

Last edited:
lol VT has a top 15-18 recruiting class depending on which site you use, JMU isn't remotely in the same stratusphere with them in recruiting.

JMU's best recruit would be VT's worst, behind even their scholarship LS.

JMU's best recruit would be tied for UVA's worst.

I don't know whether you got in your daddy's egg nog or just took a case of the stupids today but, VT has a Top 20 FBS recruiting class as a composite rating of all the major services. Don't think you will find JMU in that neighborhood. Look sport JMU is a championship FCS program with a lot to be proud of. On any given day they can stun an FBS school as VT painfully found out in 2010, however, that is a far different mountain to climb than playing a full season as an FBS school much less putting up 9 and 10 win seasons and going on a three decade streak of consecutive winning seasons.
Lmao but how many national champions has Tech won? I’ll wait. How many meaningful bowls have they won? I’m sorry you’re taking this to heart the way that you are (I’m not really).

Terrible responses. Try reading and actually addressing the questions you were asked. You made the statement they should be Top 10 every year. Top 10 is rankings not recruiting but, either way you failed in your response. You were asked why to support that statement. Has absolutely nothing to do with kids leaving or staying in the state. You said they never showed up in big games I merely gave you a few to show how ridiculous your statement was without referring to multiple Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl appearances. You said 9-4 was the best they would be when 10 wins on multiple occasions says completely different. As far as your FACTS go 3 of the Top 10 and 6 of the Top 25 this year say at least some of the best still want to go there. You have let your emotions and dislike for VT affect your ability to respond to the questions asked.
Key word: appearances. What were the results of the big games Mr. I got all the answers to everything :rolleyes: Miami and Clemson this year? That tail beating yesterday? I’ll wait. Read the Roanoke Times. You’ll see all of the big time VA recruits going elsewhere. There’s nothing else for me to address.

Lmao but how many national champions has Tech won? I’ll wait. How many meaningful bowls have they won? I’m sorry you’re taking this to heart the way that you are (I’m not really).
Vt has 0 national championships and major bowl wins depends on what you define as major bowls. The discussion was not originally about national championships or major bowls but, understandably you tried to go there when you were unable to answer the questions asked and realized how ignorant and ridiculous your original statements were. You then chose to compound it with your further idiotic statements regarding recruiting. If you want a laugh look in the mirror after the crap you have tried to shovel in your recent responses.

Vt has 0 national championships and major bowl wins depends on what you define as major bowls. The discussion was not originally about national championships or major bowls but, understandably you tried to go there when you were unable to answer the questions asked and realized how ignorant and ridiculous your original statements were. You then chose to compound it with your further idiotic statements regarding recruiting. If you want a laugh look in the mirror after the crap you have tried to shovel in your recent responses.
Oh because I said something you didn’t like and offended you, my statements are ignorant. Gotcha.

Oh because I said something you didn’t like and offended you, my statements are ignorant. Gotcha.
No they are ignorant because you have yet to support your original statements with facts or to intelligently respond to the questions originally asked. Just because I may or may not like something does not mean I will not respect the argument if actually intelligently constructed but, I do take offense to smart arse attempts to bait and switch and then try to laugh your way out of it.

Last edited:
JMU wouldn’t do any justice going to FBS. I’ll take winning FCS National Championships over a Papa John’s Bowl any day.
Who does UVA beat ever? Lol shouldn’t be talking about how bad va Tech is , UVA is the team with major problems. I don’t remember anyone saying Tech is a top ten team. They have won plenty of bowl games , and in my opinion are on a much more solid path to success than UVA.

JMU's best recruit would be VT's worst, behind even their scholarship LS.

JMU's best recruit would be tied for UVA's worst.
Hokie, got to disagree in this respect, two Virginia starters transferred to JMU and now start and JMUs starting tailback started at Georgia tech before transferring to JMU. Their talent level is suprisingly very good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT