ADVERTISEMENT

Pathetic performance by UVA today

Who does UVA beat ever? Lol shouldn’t be talking about how bad va Tech is , UVA is the team with major problems. I don’t remember anyone saying Tech is a top ten team. They have won plenty of bowl games , and in my opinion are on a much more solid path to success than UVA.
Heck if I know lol. I don’t follow UVA. I will say that it’s probably the best education you can get outside of Ivy League. I’m a VCU man and VCU only. Heck VCU is my favorite football team. We’ve never ever lost a game :cool:

Reactions: hamspear
We get you don't like the Hokies. Everybody is entitled to their opinions. The question is whether you can support that opinion with anything resembling facts or if it is purely an emotional rant. What factors do you believe support your assertion they "should be Top 10 every year"? If they always lose the big games how do you explain the win at Ohio State, against LSU , the multiple ACC championships, etc.? How do you explain the multiple 10 win seasons if 9-4 is as good as Tech will ever be? There is a mountain of evidence that says your opinion is flawed at best.
So you can sleep better tonight. Answering them from first question to last
1. They play a light schedule and their division to get to the ACC Championship is laughable. If I could beat Dook, UVA, UNC, and GT and Miami (grant the U is up and coming) then they should represent the coastal every year. They also lose out on VA recruits that they use to get. These recruits are going elsewhere..Josh Sweat, Deshawn Hand, K’Vaungh Pope, Ricky Slade. They shouldn’t be losing out on in state recruits.
2. A broke clock is right at least 2 times a day. Yeah they beat Ohio State, they beat LSU, but what happened in the big games such as Bama, Michigan, Stanford, Florida State and Clemson?
3. If I scheduled Liberty, Deleware, ECU, etc and played in that horrible division then I’d expect to win 10+ every year as well.

Hokie, got to disagree in this respect, two Virginia starters transferred to JMU and now start and JMUs starting tailback started at Georgia tech before transferring to JMU. Their talent level is suprisingly very good

It is literal fact. JMU's top recruit this year is a 5.3 rated 2*. VT has no 2*, UVA has 2 of that same level.

JMU doesn't recruit anything remotely close to VT and not even comparable to UVA. If you think JMU's roster and VT's roster are anything approaching equivalent that's just dumb.

Kids that can't cut it at UVA of all places are not where I point to when I want to say "man, they're so freaking talented". Hooray, they have 2 washouts from one of the worst P5 schools in the country, that undoubtedly compares to top 25 teams' rosters.

Last edited:
So you can sleep better tonight. Answering them from first question to last
1. They play a light schedule and their division to get to the ACC Championship is laughable. If I could beat Dook, UVA, UNC, and GT and Miami (grant the U is up and coming) then they should represent the coastal every year. They also lose out on VA recruits that they use to get. These recruits are going elsewhere..Josh Sweat, Deshawn Hand, K’Vaungh Pope, Ricky Slade. They shouldn’t be losing out on in state recruits.
2. A broke clock is right at least 2 times a day. Yeah they beat Ohio State, they beat LSU, but what happened in the big games such as Bama, Michigan, Stanford, Florida State and Clemson?
3. If I scheduled Liberty, Deleware, ECU, etc and played in that horrible division then I’d expect to win 10+ every year as well.

*says light schedule*
*immediately says all the historical blue bloods VT schedules almost annually for OOC*
*thinking*

Well va Tech scheduled Ohio State ( won) , schedules WVU, scheduled many good teams over the years even though they were in a transitioning years with Beamer in his twilight. Give Fuente a few years for his recruiting to catch up, he is still playing with Beamer boys .

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I wanna go find DSH saying ECU will be in the CFP soon, it only happened like 3 months ago.

Talk about scheduling light and that is why they win 10 games, yet say 9 wins is best it will ever get. CAN'T BE BOTH.

Also saying tail whipping they got, when the game was close, tail whipping is what UVA got.

But, we have to be fair to DSH and his evaluations, this is same guy who was touting how great VCU was going to be in basketball. How's that going??? And that division that VT is in and all the teams you brought up, I think most were in bowls. UNC lost a lot from a team that could have beaten the national champs last year. VT also has the 2nd longest bowl streak, whether that is big, medium, or small bowls. They really SHOULD have longest now, as Florida State should have been ineligible. Only reason they rescheduled their last game was to get bowl eligible. Had they not been below average, the game would have never been rescheduled.

But back to VCU, we all know why you were talking them up so much. That is your school, and you are a fan. There is nothing wrong with that. But there is nothing wrong with VT fans doing the same thing.

And as far as the top players leaving, you talk about how sad VT is, so if you get offers from Alabama or THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, you would take that opportunity as well. It's not like those teams are only getting the top players from Virginia, but most states, that is why they are the top teams in nation, they get the best players.

Another thing, you really need to define what it means to be best program in the state. Most success recently, yes that is for sure JMU. BUT, when you are in different divisions, it's hard to compare how they would do. Want an example? Riverheads is BY FAR a better program than GW DANVILLE. Who would you take if they played 10 times?

Talk about scheduling light and that is why they win 10 games, yet say 9 wins is best it will ever get. CAN'T BE BOTH.

Also saying tail whipping they got, when the game was close, tail whipping is what UVA got.

But, we have to be fair to DSH and his evaluations, this is same guy who was touting how great VCU was going to be in basketball. How's that going??? And that division that VT is in and all the teams you brought up, I think most were in bowls. UNC lost a lot from a team that could have beaten the national champs last year. VT also has the 2nd longest bowl streak, whether that is big, medium, or small bowls. They really SHOULD have longest now, as Florida State should have been ineligible. Only reason they rescheduled their last game was to get bowl eligible. Had they not been below average, the game would have never been rescheduled.

But back to VCU, we all know why you were talking them up so much. That is your school, and you are a fan. There is nothing wrong with that. But there is nothing wrong with VT fans doing the same thing.

And as far as the top players leaving, you talk about how sad VT is, so if you get offers from Alabama or THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, you would take that opportunity as well. It's not like those teams are only getting the top players from Virginia, but most states, that is why they are the top teams in nation, they get the best players.

Another thing, you really need to define what it means to be best program in the state. Most success recently, yes that is for sure JMU. BUT, when you are in different divisions, it's hard to compare how they would do. Want an example? Riverheads is BY FAR a better program than GW DANVILLE. Who would you take if they played 10 times?
Ouch

It is literal fact. JMU's top recruit this year is a 5.3 rated 2*. VT has no 2*, UVA has 2 of that same level.

JMU doesn't recruit anything remotely close to VT and not even comparable to UVA. If you think JMU's roster and VT's roster are anything approaching equivalent that's just dumb.

Kids that can't cut it at UVA of all places are not where I point to when I want to say "man, they're so freaking talented". Hooray, they have 2 washouts from one of the worst P5 schools in the country, that undoubtedly compares to top 25 teams' rosters.
The two Uva players were starters not washouts. The back was a starter at Georgia Tech, again not a wash out. I know all those stars are important but only two players have five Superbowl rings and one of them went to JMU and is in the Hall of Fame.

Leave this here. Much tougher to make 8 straight NCAA tournaments (No other VA team has done it BTW) than play for a bottom feeder bowl game each year. Since you mentioned the VCU Rams. I’m done ;)

Leave this here. Much tougher to make 8 straight NCAA tournaments (No other VA team has done it BTW) than play for a bottom feeder bowl game each year. Since you mentioned the VCU Rams. I’m done ;)

I dont dislike VCU, I hope they do well. It's just funny you are going in on VT fans but can't admit VCU. It's also not that hard to make 8 straight. Again, difference in conferences.

And if you knew what I went through on a daily basis and what I have been through the past couple days you would be ashamed to have said guy has no life. But go ahead and stay classy about something and someone you know NOTHING about

The two Uva players were starters not washouts. The back was a starter at Georgia Tech, again not a wash out. I know all those stars are important but only two players have five Superbowl rings and one of them went to JMU and is in the Hall of Fame.

Starters that transfer down a level are washouts.

And so? Bruce Smith is a top 2 DE of all-time, what's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

Starters that transfer down a level are washouts.

And so? Bruce Smith is a top 2 DE of all-time, what's that got to do with the price of tea in China?
YeA the QB of the Ravens who is paid a monster salary is a wash out. He transferred from Pitt to Delaware. The reference to Charles Haley means that those two stars don't always reflect the talent a kid may have. Have Bruce look up Charles Haley so he can get a good look at a super bowl ring, five of them.

Refer to my last statement “Chokies”. They should be top 10 every year. Their performance when it matters is saddening. They look like a middle school team playing a NFL team in the big game. Even when they had the likes of Tyrod, Hosley, David Wilson, the Fuller brothers, etc..They’d find a way to lose the big game. Did I mention, VA’s best recruits are going elsewhere... They haven’t had an elite running back since David Wilson left them 6 years ago (going on 10)...Fact is, 9-4 is about as good as Tech will ever be.
Why should they be top 10 every year? They average recruiting in the 25th-30th range. Until the last few seasons. They have generally been finishing better than their recruiting classes.

You do realize that most teams have really bad records against highly ranked teams, right?

9-4 is about as good as they will ever be? Since 1995 they have quite a few seasons better than that... 10-2, 10-2, 11-1, 11-1, 10-4, 10-3, 11-2, 10-3, 11-3, 10-4, 10-3, 11-3, and 10-4. Please don't say "fact is" and then follow that with something that isn't close to a fact. Also, please learn what the word actually means.

Almost everything you have said in this thread has been proven to be factually wrong. It gets annoying to see someone never know what they are talking about when they have access to the same internet and stats but are just too lazy to do so. Why do that when you can just go around making inaccurate, sweeping statements? Also, you were supposed to shave your head but you aren't somebody that keeps their word.

Why should they be top 10 every year? They average recruiting in the 25th-30th range. Until the last few seasons. They have generally been finishing better than their recruiting classes.

You do realize that most teams have really bad records against highly ranked teams, right?

9-4 is about as good as they will ever be? Since 1995 they have quite a few seasons better than that... 10-2, 10-2, 11-1, 11-1, 10-4, 10-3, 11-2, 10-3, 11-3, 10-4, 10-3, 11-3, and 10-4. Please don't say "fact is" and then follow that with something that isn't close to a fact. Also, please learn what the word actually means.

Almost everything you have said in this thread has been proven to be factually wrong. It gets annoying to see someone never know what they are talking about when they have access to the same internet and stats but are just too lazy to do so. Why do that when you can just go around making inaccurate, sweeping statements? Also, you were supposed to shave your head but you aren't somebody that keeps their word.
Fact is, they haven’t won a National Championship, they’ve choked in all but one BCS game that they’ve played in, yeah they won the Sugar Bowl...22 years ago... Heck I was in diapers lol.. They’re losing the recruiting battle on VA’s best recruits. Want another fact?? Their bowl record is 13-17.. LOL!!!

What’s 10/11 wins if you don’t win the big game? Answer that question. Go 11-2 in the regular season and lose to North Washington Atlantic in the Pooper Scooper Bowl? As a fan you’re content with that? It’s sad that you’re insinuating that I have no integrity and don’t even know me off of an opinion that I posted. Doesn’t bother me one bit but I just wanted to point it out. You feel justified (cutnjump too) because that’s just how this “he/she hurt my feelings” society is today. I said I was done 4 posts ago so I will keep my word and end it here ✌

Addressing a few points:

D1 transfers to a FCS school generally does with playing time the two kids at UVA who left for JMU weren’t starters, they were rotation kids. The WR wanted more PT and the LB wasn’t a good fit within Broncos system, JMU is about to get two DTS from UVA who did see starts but I wouldn’t say they’re immense talent at the FBS level. At the FCS level they can be big contributors but in the ACC they were marginal.

Yea FCS could have a real NFL talent on the roster as the NFL finds talents from NAIA D3 D2 and both D1s. It’s players.

Bowl game vs FCS CHAMPIONSHIP I would be tempted to say the school earns more in the bowl game than winning the FCS ship. To each their own I’ll take a bowl win and a better quality of facilities and the life of D1 FBS over FCS.

Tech —— perennially lose the one that counts most. Yes they have played in some big games but they had not been very successful in the big one. Yes they win 10 games more times then not but it hasn’t equated to a championship or marquee bowl win. Tech pulls better recruits but when the luster wore off the VT golden stronghold in VA, and recruits saw more places and the big boys started hitting the 757 and NOVA hard VT lost out on recruits because they hadn’t gotten over the hill. They get a solid recruiting haul but it’s still the Beamer footprint recruit somebody who I can mold in 4 years. I have seen some big wins and they do have the most touted success in football but they have the same stature as UVA, successful years with nothing to say for it but a bowl game.

YeA the QB of the Ravens who is paid a monster salary is a wash out. He transferred from Pitt to Delaware. The reference to Charles Haley means that those two stars don't always reflect the talent a kid may have. Have Bruce look up Charles Haley so he can get a good look at a super bowl ring, five of them.

Still waiting on your well sourced, well argued presentation on how JMU has a more talented roster than VT or UVA.

And yes, Flacco washed out at Pitt. It's the literal definition, stop acting like what they do in the NFL has anything to do with college. The kids at JMU from GT and UVA couldn't cut it at those schools, end of discussion.

Fact is, they haven’t won a National Championship, they’ve choked in all but one BCS game that they’ve played in, yeah they won the Sugar Bowl...22 years ago... Heck I was in diapers lol.. They’re losing the recruiting battle on VA’s best recruits. Want another fact?? Their bowl record is 13-17.. LOL!!!
How are you this dense? You literally just made the comment about 9-4 being the best they are doing to do. I showed you a bunch of seasons they have had with better records and then you completely change the topic to something I wasn't even discussing.

Since you can't stay on topic or make a coherent post, lets change the subject to GW Danville's football history and recent years. Talk about underachieving? Goodness they have that locked down. I mean they were losing so bad they had a running clock early in the third quarter at home in the biggest playoff game they have had in forever.

How are you this dense? You literally just made the comment about 9-4 being the best they are doing to do. I showed you a bunch of seasons they have had with better records and then you completely change the topic to something I wasn't even discussing.

Since you can't stay on topic or make a coherent post, lets change the subject to GW Danville's football history and recent years. Talk about underachieving? Goodness they have that locked down. I mean they were losing so bad they had a running clock early in the third quarter at home in the biggest playoff game they have had in forever.

Hey, they were really good in like 1980 lol.

Still waiting on your well sourced, well argued presentation on how JMU has a more talented roster than VT or UVA.

And yes, Flacco washed out at Pitt. It's the literal definition, stop acting like what they do in the NFL has anything to do with college. The kids at JMU from GT and UVA couldn't cut it at those schools, end of discussion.
Didn't say they were more talented than Tech. You are making a strawman argument. Said their talent would suprise you. They have some very good transfers and some of those two star kids turn out to be really talented ie Charles Haley. Your characterization that when people transfer they are washouts implies that they are not talented or aren't tough. Marshall the back from JMU put up 143 against your Hokies last year in a Georgia Tech win. Joe Flacco won a Superbowl and he transferred to Delaware. Your implication is ludicrous.

Why would any FCS team's talent surprise me. They're FCS for a reason. You're cherry picking one game with one player and then using Joe Flacco trying to justify all of FCS' talent.

Why would any FCS team's talent surprise me. They're FCS for a reason. You're cherry picking one game with one player and then using Joe Flacco trying to justify all of FCS' talent.
Ok that's use more than one player
former FCS players in the NFL by school:

SCHOOL NFL PLAYERS
Abilene Christian 2
Alabama A&M 1
Alabama State 2
Appalachian State * 6
Arkansas-Pine Bluff 1
Bethune-Cookman 2
Brown 2
Bucknell 1
Cal Poly 1
Charlotte * 1
Chattanooga 3
Coastal Carolina * 4
Columbia 1
Cornell 1
Delaware 6
Delaware State 3
Drake 1
Eastern Illinois 2
Eastern Kentucky 2
Eastern Washington 5
Furman 1
Georgia Southern * 2
Georgia State * 2
Grambling 2
Hampton 2
Harvard 5
Holy Cross 1
Howard 1
Idaho State 2
Illinois State 4
Jacksonville 1
Jacksonville State 2
James Madison 4
Lamar 1
Liberty 2
Maine 1
Marist 2
Missouri State 1
Monmouth 1
Montana 3
Montana State 1
Murray State 1
New Hampshire 1
Nicholls 1
Norfolk State 2
North Carolina AT&T 2
North Carolina Central 1
North Dakota State 6
Northern Iowa 5
Northwestern State 1
Penn 2
Portland State 4
Presbyterian 1
Princeton 1
Richmond 1
Sacramento State 1
Sam Houston State 2
Samford 3
San Diego 1
South Carolina State 5
South Dakota 2
South Dakota State 3
Southeastern La. 1
Southern 1
Southern Illinois 1
Southern Utah 3
St. Francis (PA) 1
Stetson 1
Stony Brook 2
Tennessee State 3
The Citadel 1
Towson 3
UC Davis 1
UT San Antonio * 1
Villanova 2
Wagner 1
William & Mary 2
Wofford 2
Youngstown State 2

Lol you’re mighty tough behind that keyboard. Call me dense or whatever cause I made you upset.. And it’s funny you talk GW football unacheiving. Can’t be doing that bad with 7 guys playing D1 football this past year. Several more playing D2 ball and D3 and in college or military. 3-4 more in the program now going D1. Go cry somewhere else. #IgnoreFeatureActivated

How about Wentz QB for the Eagles? He's from ND State ? How about Jerry Rice, he played at a FCS school?Obviously since they are from FCS schools they are either two star no talent players or washouts.

Last edited:
How about Wentz QB for the Eagles? He's from ND State ? How about Jerry Rice, he played at a FCS school?Obviously since they are from FCS schools they are either two star no talent players or washouts.
Tyrek Cohen from NC A&T looks like he’s going to be the next best thing out of FCS. He was killing it this year for the Chicago Bears. Only 5’7 175 at that. Wentz is going to be a very very good QB. IMO he’s the MVP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT